Discuss Mobile phone prices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Not really for work, more for Christmas.
Does anyone know good prices for mobile phone handsets?
I’m looking for iPhones, but not that important.
I can get 2 as business expenses, but the kids want new ones as well.

Any good refurbished stockists you know of?

Depends if you want the latest version, or are happy with one that's a year or two old and does pretty much the same thing for about a third of the price.

Try a local phone repair shop, we have one that puts new batteries and offer 3 month warranty at good prices.

Thread bump!

Wife wants a brand new phone, not a refurbished, and she wants iPhone.
Nothing to do with being arsey about having to have an iPhone…. It’s just practical with chargers.

So. Who would be best to buy from? Apple store themselves? Any of the high street network shops?

What is an iPhone XR? When did it come out in relation to 11 and 12?

It’s now getting urgent. One kids phone keeps turning off, and the other is starting to peel apart. (Both 5’s)

Well, took the plunge last night and bought 4 (new) iPhone 11’s direct from Apple store. Were cheaper per handset from anywhere else by 60 quid, and due to the total cost, getting a 50 quid gift card back through some online voucher site.

Happy kids, skint dad.

Thread bump!

Wife wants a brand new phone, not a refurbished, and she wants iPhone.
Nothing to do with being arsey about having to have an iPhone…. It’s just practical with chargers.

So. Who would be best to buy from? Apple store themselves? Any of the high street network shops?

What is an iPhone XR? When did it come out in relation to 11 and 12?

It’s now getting urgent. One kids phone keeps turning off, and the other is starting to peel apart. (Both 5’s)
Just replaced my 6plus with a second hand XR, seems ok but I’m no tech geek. Don’t want to get sucked in to a contract on the latest version.

The newest ones are 13, and my wife is too suspicious for that.
The 11’s are a vast improvement on the 5’s they have just now. I’ve got an S… which I think was the step between a 5 and 6 or 6 and 7???

Might need to get a new charger though. The phones come with a lightning connector, but it has USB-C plug on the other end. All ours have the basic square USB plug.
Will charge them, but the USB-C allows faster charging (which probably wears out the battery quicker)

I said earlier in the thread that we prefer iPhone, not for being snobby about it, it’s just the kids and my wife all have iPads supplied from school. One good thing about being in the Borders, and a lifesaver when they were home schooled during lockdown.
We have numerous lightning charger leads dotted around the house.

only apple product i will buy is cider. preferably the cloudy sort.

Reply to Mobile phone prices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock