Discuss monitor AORUS AD27QD - short circuit and tripped breaker. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sew333

-
Reaction score
Hello. I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. Yesterday when i was sleep i left monitor on like always. When i woke in morning there was not power in house. Something tripped breaker/fuse.
When i turn up breaker and power back in,monitor just refused to turn on. So monitor i guess tripped breaker somehow and make short circuit.

PC starting normally. Only monitor get damaged.
During night only pc was running and monitor. Other devices was off.

Is this possible that monitor can trip breaker?

TL;DR
monitor AORUS AD27QD - short circuit and tripped breaker.
possible short circuit in monitor. usually suppression capacitor. when the go short circuit they blow fuse/breaker but also sometimes self-destruct. probably find a fuse in the monitor itself is blown.

possible short circuit in monitor. usually suppression capacitor. when the go short circuit they blow fuse/breaker but also sometimes self-destruct. probably find a fuse in the monitor itself is blown.
I am worried about pc.Somebody said:"Use a quality surge protector on important things and even though the PC works now it may have suffered as well and in a couple months if you experience faults you know why. "

Maybe sell pc now if i can experience faults in future?

pc should be OK if it works... any damage and it would probably not work. you can get extension leads with surge protectors, but in your case, i think it's a fault in the monitor caused the trouble.

pc should be OK if it works... any damage and it would probably not work. you can get extension leads with surge protectors, but in your case, i think it's a fault in the monitor caused the trouble.
oki so no worry that somebody said:" PC works now it may have suffered as well and in a couple months if you experience faults you know why."?

I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:

Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"

Is this possible that psu of monitor can trip breaker then if psu inside monitor, failed?

Reply to monitor AORUS AD27QD - short circuit and tripped breaker. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net