Discuss Monitoring Household Electricity Consumption Accurately / PV System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What is a good inexpensive accurate monitoring device to measure imported Household Electricity consumption, whilst using a PV system?
CT clamps don't indicate directionality of flow.
If a solar system exports energy, no current is being imported into the house, yet a CT clamp will measure the energy as though it is inward flow.
Does anyone sell a device that can measure imported current flow, whilst subtracting the effect of the generated solar power?
Ideally the solution would work with EnviR's and allow me to send data to PVoutput.org via a netsmart, via my router?
Any solar sages out there with this wisdom?

Last edited:
I have been speaking to the manufacturers of owl monitors today, and yes they are comming up with a solution which they say will deal with harmonics, etc on the wire to give a more precise reading compared to other electricity monitoring devices.

The OWL | Intuition -pv

Hope this helps, not available till june though

Wattson solar is pretty good, it has good software, ecoeye is bringing out new solar monitor with non contact voltage monitoring to catch out off phase night time consumption readings.

Reply to Monitoring Household Electricity Consumption Accurately / PV System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 6kw PV with a 6kw Growatt battery and invertor. I have a solar iboost going to the hotwater tank. Recently I had a Ohme Home Pro...
Replies
Views
V.early days, just had installed solar. No battery, also supply of some parts difficult at the moment so no App or Online monitoring. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Similar'ish question to my other thread but little more info now so a different approach but sorry if duplication. UK, single phase. Just had...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Bit of a weird one. Have solar PV with a iboost +. All was working fine until meter was exchanged for a smart meter. The system is still...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock