Discuss More Easycert headaches!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one else using the Easy cert software has had problems when adding text into the 'comments on existing installation' section of a domestic EIC.

For what ever reason. it only lets me type in 2 lines of text. I noticed that there is a greyed out scroll bar on the right, so would of thought you could insert a lot more than 2 lines.

Have emailed them but thought i'd see if any users on here have any ideas.

Used to be quicker writing the damn things out.

Hi, Im not an Easy cert user but have written a few bits of software.

With some languages I have used if you add a text box with 2 lines it can often put a greyed out scroll bar.

There is often a max length setting on the text field which determines how many characters you can enter, although if the data is saved to a database then the field definition where the data is saved may also need to be increased.

Hopefully they can amend to make the field longer.

Just had a look and it seems restricted to 255 characters, including spaces.
I normally create a separate page (continuation for general comments) and point towards the page number, eg See Page 4.

David is there a way to copy and paste similar circuits?
I.E the reference method, BS number of MCB's etc etc?

So time consuming using the drop down box each time.

David is there a way to copy and paste similar circuits?
I.E the reference method, BS number of MCB's etc etc?

So time consuming using the drop down box each time.

Yeah, once you have completed 1 circuit, then if you right click on the entire line or box, can't 100% remember, then select copy down.

Not easy cert but software all the same!

I have looked at Castline software and thought I would try the free certs they do first before upgrading. Now, on the MWEIC there seems to be a glitch. When you enter the IR results for L/N, L/E and N/E, they look great on the screen. That's all well and good but when you want to print the cert, it coverts it to a PDF file. The problem is that all the IR results are moved around the boxes and it does not print what you entered. For example, the N/E result ends up printing in the Line/Line box which of course should be blank for a sigle phase supply. Most weird.

Anyone else had this problem? Tel maybe? I believe you recommended this software and may use it. I have emailed Castline but still await a reply.

Maybe someone who uses this software could try and see what they get. It may just be me of course!

PP

Reply to More Easycert headaches!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock