Discuss More on stables with shower in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Following on from other posts relating to wiring in a new stable block.
Customer is wanting a shower for washing off horses in one room.
Room is approx 10 feet by 6 feet. The shower will be in one corner and they also want a socket at the opposite end for clipping equipment when clipping horses.

As they will never be clipping when washing off and visa versa is there any reason why an outside socket can not be installed (approx 10feet from shower)
i know no sockets in a room containing bath or shower unless 3m from boundary of zone 1 but the room is effectively all zone 1 as these are big animals.

I would say that even though its intended use is when the shower is not used,the location is key, and siting a socket in that location raises the possibility of danger so I would say an emphatic no

Cant they use a selv appliance ?

Only you as the designer can make the final decision based on all the info available to you.

For me it's a definate no, regardless of what they will or wont do at the same time as the other. At the end of the day its is a room containing a shower and unless it's big enough to site it 3m from the edge of zone 1 then you would contravene the regs.

Reply to More on stables with shower in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
So this was an interesting conversation today and wanted peoples advice. Plumber asked me if I could fit a socket inside an enSuite Vainty unit...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock