Discuss More questions regarding Filling the Condition Report Inspection for Domestic 100A. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nazoom

I am trying to fill in the Condition Report Inspection Schedule for Domestic 100A. I have my exam coming up and having some problems filing the Section 6 of this form.

In Section 6 " Locations Containing A Bath or A Shower". My test Board (Domestic) has only a shower unit and no Shower Cubical, No bathroom, no sink, and no basin. So does this mean the Zones (0,1,2) Do not apply here. Also when filling in this Section What do we put in the:

1- Section 6.5: "Low voltage (e.g. 230 volt) socket outlets sited at least 3 meter form zone 1". I put N/A. Is this correct?
2- Section 6.6: "Suitability of equipment for external influences for installed location in terms of IP rating". I put N/A. Is this correct?
3- Section 6.7: " Suitability of equipment for installation in a particular zone". I put N/A. Is this correct?
4- Section 6.8: " Suitability of curremnt using equipment for particular position within the location". I put N/A. Is this correct?

So generally if there is a shower unit and there are no zones (0,1,2) because of my test board that means all of these above are not applicable (N/A)? I tried looking this up in the IEE but couldn't really find the answers!

Please Help.

Many thanks.

Re: More questions regarding Filling the Condition Report Inspection for Domestic 100

Depends what you mean .....
For example , some posh houses have wet rooms , eg showers without cubicles , which means zones 0 + 1 are bigger than normal cos theres no glass to stop water being splashed about.

1. no socket ? then yes put n/a.

2. well the electric shower , light above shower , and fan should all be rated at IP44.
Check that they are , if yes then tick , if these things arent present then n/a.

3. Shower will always be designed for use in wet areas so tick yes.
other examples would be shaver sockets with safety transformer built in.

4. Again tick yes.

Really its asking you to pretend your in a bathroom while going through the tests.
So tick yes to 2 , 3 , 4 and put n/a for the socket.

Reply to More questions regarding Filling the Condition Report Inspection for Domestic 100A. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net