Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Most suitable light for extreme heat conditions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone have any recomendations for a paticular light fitting for a canopy in a commercial kitchen, as it has to be able to withstand major heat.
What do you suggest, any ideas?

Does anyone have any recomendations for a paticular light fitting for a canopy in a commercial kitchen, as it has to be able to withstand major heat.
What do you suggest, any ideas?
My boss usually just fits vapour proof fluorescents,with the clip on acrylic
cover,though I personally find them inadequate as they only last a year or two.You can get explosion proof ones but you are talking BIG money.How much do you want to pay?

D

DanBrown

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My boss usually just fits vapour proof fluorescents,with the clip on acrylic
cover,though I personally find them inadequate as they only last a year or two.You can get explosion proof ones but you are talking BIG money.How much do you want to pay?
At the moment we use the standard ip rated flourescent fittings, but we have found after around 6 weeks or so.. the fittings go brittle and crack under its own weight. At the moment as a temp fix, we have just put some string around the fixing just to hold it there.
When it comes to budget, i said to the client ''invest now and it will pay you back in the long run'' as we all say. He said get a price and we can discuss from there. But from my gathering and his interest i'd be saying he'd be happy with around £40-£50 per light fitting mark.

Are the explosion proof fitting in this sort of range?..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment we use the standard ip rated flourescent fittings, but we have found after around 6 weeks or so.. the fittings go brittle and crack under its own weight. At the moment as a temp fix, we have just put some string around the fixing just to hold it there.
When it comes to budget, i said to the client ''invest now and it will pay you back in the long run'' as we all say. He said get a price and we can discuss from there. But from my gathering and his interest i'd be saying he'd be happy with around £40-£50 per light fitting mark.

Are the explosion proof fitting in this sort of range?..

Thanks
No I think more in the $400-$5oo range(sorry don't have a pound symbol)

D

DanBrown

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think they can be ruled out lol.
Thanks anyway for your responses

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Most suitable light for extreme heat conditions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom