Discuss Motorcycle Electrics - indicators on my VTX1300 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just replaced the indicators on my VTX1300 and one doesn't seem to work. Everything was working before I swapped them over from globe type to LED. The front indicator worked when I first connected it, but I can't get it to work now. Is there a trick to the wiring?

You need to order a set of load resistors to install across the feed wires to each indicator lamp.

You need to order a set of load resistors to install across the feed wires to each indicator lamp.
Yes, normally come with the kit.
If it is just one swap it with one that works and vice verse to prove unit and wiring.

No, my mate has an MOT garage and it is a failure on certain years if they do not have Hazards , I do the love jobs lol.
He has is own Norton Commando that he is renovating just now from scratch,
I am going to do the wiring for him. Straight forward though , new harnesses and switches ect.
The bike has been in his family since new, but stood in a garage for years and years.

I used to go to the speedway though every week when I was young . Newcastle Diamonds and Berwick Bandits. This was in the sixties and seventies in the days of Ivan Mauger and Anders Michenek. Ole Olsen would guest ride sometimes.
A friend of mine was Scottish champion trial bike winner years ago too.
I used to go to those also.

Loudest bike I've ever heard was a 1960s speedway bike. Saw it at the BMF show a few years ago. Literally made your ears hurt even with your hands over them.

The smell of the start was amazing , as you say the noise was overpowering .
They have some bottle too, Ivan Mauger broke his foot on the first outing of the meeting , had it strapped up and when on to win the session, Bearing in mind the foot is on the ground a lot of the time. He was something to watch. One of the all time greats.

I've got an Armstrong - the front brake on that is very similar!!

I switched my indicators on my car to LED and they flashed a million miles per hour so had to install some sort of transistor in the wiring loop to each indicator and it fixed it.

Is that something similar to what's suggested above?

(Check me out - doing a bit of electrics!!!! lol!!!!)

Reply to Motorcycle Electrics - indicators on my VTX1300 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net