Discuss Motorised Valve on central heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonnystewart

Hi,

In my central heating system the oil burner seems to be over riding the clock/timer. The following is seen:

When the clock/timer is on (all 3 channels) and the thermostats in the house reach the required temperature, the motorised valves close as expected. However the oil burner does not stop and continues to burn.

Another scenario:

When the clock/timer is in standby the oil burner still burns and continues to do so until thermostat at boiler kicks in. Then it starts again when temperature falls.

In the above instances power should not be getting to the burner but it is.

Could it be any of the following and how much would it cost to fit and replace

Sunvic motorised valve is not shutting down properly, the orange wire is still getting power from the gry wire, replace the valve. or prob just the head of the valve faulty, so easy fix if brass part good.

Is this an old installation that has developed this fault or a recently installed one. It does sound like a motorised valve problem but without testing or stripping it down to indentify the problem it is difficult to diagnose

Reply to Motorised Valve on central heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views
I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock