Discuss motorized valve connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

am i right in saying brown switch wire to open valve, blue neutral, orange permanately live, grey feed to boiler?:cool:

Not quite.

For a 2 port zone valve is as follows.

Grey = permanent live feed to valve from wiring centre
Brown = switched live into valve from clock/stat
Orange = switched live out of valve to pump/boiler

;)

Not quite.

For a 2 port zone valve is as follows.

Grey = permanent live feed to valve from wiring centre
Brown = switched live into valve from clock/stat
Orange = switched live out of valve to pump/boiler

;)

Thats the way I have always done it, some of the valves also have a white wire which is rarely used, I wouldnt have thought there was any difference in whether the grey or the orange is live though as I think they are volt free contacts

The white wire is only present on a "mid position valve" and is used as a hot water off signal from the stat to allow the heating to run seperately.

There is a difference in the connections as the grey powers the motor in the valve and the orange is on the load side of the microswitch.;)

The white wire is only present on a "mid position valve" and is used as a hot water off signal from the stat to allow the heating to run seperately.

There is a difference in the connections as the grey powers the motor in the valve and the orange is on the load side of the microswitch.;)

As I thought, the microswitch is voltfree, so theoretically it doesnt matter if you use grey or orange as live. white is not only on mid position.Please see link below

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/FAQ/2port.pdf

Reply to motorized valve connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net