Discuss Moving a Fused Outlet / Oversink Water Heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ebow72

-
Reaction score
A friend of mine who has a shop has asked me to move his oversink water heater (I have no idea why either). He has moved his sink though but again not sure why.
The problem is he doesn't want any disruption to the walls etc, so am I ok to use a crimped connection, there is no room for a junction box and will be contained in trunking. A minor works cert will be issued too.
Also it's a 16th Edition board do I just make a note of that in part 2?
Thanks
Ian

ya cut the cable roof height - crimp it and heat shrink it - then run your new cable in any way you want (in trunking or in the wall) then straight into the boiler in the new location.

Do a minor works cert for that - no need to note it as your not touching the board - but if you want to no harm there.

Are you registered?

If you are then to sign off this job you are declaring that all work you are doing is upto BS7671 regs
Using Red/Black cable is not to 17th edition (BS7671)!

If you are not registered then why the hell are you doing the job? - it is a notifiable job as it is in a special location!
Do the job and get LABC in to certify it!

Are you registered?

If you are then to sign off this job you are declaring that all work you are doing is upto BS7671 regs

If you are not registered then why the hell are you doing the job? - it is a notifiable job as it is in a special location!

Who does he need to be registered with? It's work in a shop.

Are you registered?

No not registered. Me I am recently finished 39 year old level 3 student is waiting to complete my Level 3 NVQ.
I have been doing non notifiable work as per Part P until I get a placement or other...
I have insurance, good set of tools, calibrated multi meter, I wouldn't undertake something I shouldn't or not sure off...
If I need to use new colour cable, I will makes no odds I have both.
But I will use new and use a 'Caution' Label on the CU stating the installation has two versions of BS 7671.
As it's not a dwelling of any kind no notification needed, I don't think...
Again thanks for the advice, Nicholas.
Cheers

Ian

Last edited:

Reply to Moving a Fused Outlet / Oversink Water Heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net