Discuss moving cu. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
seemed to have bagged another house extension happening in my street. way hey..

but he wants to move cu about 1m to a box on the new wall. but keep existing dno equipment where it sits

as its under 3 meters i can just install new tails.in a duct in the ground going up cavity of the wall.

rcd the tails or not?????????????

- - - Updated - - -

all existing ciruits and new circuits will be rcd'dddddddddddd

SWA from an isolator?

16mm swa sounds good as only 60/80A fuse on the carrier. what sort of box would i use to gland the swa at meter equipment as im using plastic cu aat new position..

Gland and banjo will work but you could gland into a galvanised adaptable box or steel trunking then leave enough cable to go straight though and terminate in the CU, also helps you maintain the IP rating of the CU. I would personally use three core and some decent size cable to bond the box/trunking so both ends of the SWA are earthed.

yh was just looking at metal adaptable boxes... i am under the impression i only have to bond at one end if using 3 core??? correct me if you think im acting the monkey

You only have to bond at one end however I believe it's still best practice to do both, with the gland kit you normally get enough to do both and you'd get no earthing problems... :)

so 16mm pvc/pvc from dno equipment to isolater , 16mm pvc/pvc from isolater to metal adaptable box, swa from adaptable box to new cu on front wall of house( about 1.5m max) and gland and attach swa to platic cu and having fly lead to earth bar in cu.

would i have to have iscos inside adaptable box

Can you get cables through cavity? If so I would use cavity, over 50mm deep a A-B horizontal. 25mm Tails + 16mm earth drawing /dimension left with owner.Simples...(sorry!)
As accurate as I can without actually seeing job of course.....legal advice see the ex wife's solicitor!!

i think going to be bit of 2inch hard pladstic pipe going under floor and up cavity into cu box on wall, into isolator then to cu. i have seen it done this way only with a switch/fuse inline , but has been over 3m

Reply to moving cu. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock