Discuss moving of meter's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gaz76

-
Reaction score
Hi lads, new to the forum and thought I would throw a question to the board.

got asked to look at a job last week, the customer has two meter's down stairs in a cellar, one serving a flat and one the shop below the flat, he's having the meter's moved, one into the shop and one into the flat.
am scratching my head a bit on this one, for the following reasons:

a) do both meter's have to be in the same place?

b) If I chop the tails from the board and put them into an isolator next to where the new metre's are to go will this be ok?

c) will the electric board want test results for doing this or will it be acceptable for me to just move the isolators to where the new metres are?

all answers appreciated,

cheers

gaz

Are there one or two supplies / cut outs? If the meters are primary meters rather than slave meters the DNO will want to move them. If they are slave meters, which are the responsibility of the customer and are genially used to split the bill you can use them yourself.

Ian

Hi lads, new to the forum and thought I would throw a question to the board.

got asked to look at a job last week, the customer has two meter's down stairs in a cellar, one serving a flat and one the shop below the flat, he's having the meter's moved, one into the shop and one into the flat.
am scratching my head a bit on this one, for the following reasons:

a) do both meter's have to be in the same place?

b) If I chop the tails from the board and put them into an isolator next to where the new metre's are to go will this be ok?

c) will the electric board want test results for doing this or will it be acceptable for me to just move the isolators to where the new metres are?

all answers appreciated,

cheers

gaz

Hi Gaz,

a) The meters should be in their corresponding dwelling, ie one in the flat and one in the shop.

b)Would be fine but why?

c) some DNO's require test results, others wont bother, and just leave either an isolator (normally if you ask for one) or one of the new meters with a built in isolator.

Reply to moving of meter's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock