Discuss Moving solar panels for extension in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robfor

Hi

Been searching for help on this but can't find anything similar on the Internet. We had panels installed on our domestic house and registered back in 2013 as at the time we had given up on extending due to major issues with the council but a stroke of luck last year meant we finally got plans approved.

the extension will cut into the roof where some of the panels are and they will need taking down and relocating on the new roof. Discussed this potential with the supplier back in 2013 and they said it wouldn't be an issue to come in and relocate for a fee but they have since ceased installing and I am struggling to get hold of anyone who can help.

Not sure what to do next - whether it would be easiest to find someone local with experience to move them, but they are are still insured for another 7 years so this will affect any potential claim.

the company was vital solar if that helps, I don't have any qualifications.

thanks

Welcome to the forum Robfor. I'm sure there will be a member or two that operate in your area that can give you a written quote for moving the panels. Communication with your builders & roofers will be very important for this job to run smoothly.

Any PV members in the area of Ampthill? Please contact via the PM system.

just find a local company to you, it shouldn't be an issue, they'll probably be relatively quiet at the moment anyway and glad of the extra work. It's not an issue for FITs, the only issue might be whether it still fits on with the extension, and if the inverter / panel configuration works with the new roof set up (ie if it has to be split over 2 different orentations then this could be an issue if you only have a single string tracker on the inverter).

Stick your location up and someone local will probably see it anyway.

Reply to Moving solar panels for extension in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net