Discuss MPs gorging on "schemes on toast" in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Des 56

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Player

Above is a link found on the IET forum,its one mighty savaging of not only Nicy but the whole gang of them

If you have the perseverance to watch it till the end ( I know,its mind numbing)the conclusion of the MPs was akin to a Parent scolding a very naughty child and threatening to take away their toys( The competent person schemes)

The comment I liked was when the MP chairman said he thought the Israel /Palestine issue was difficult

My conclusion was,the schemes once again puts the boot in to our industry,this was noted by the committee and they are warned that the Government could impose and run its own show if they continue to claw the eyes out of each other

The government running a register would have been the only time anything was said that electricians may have agreed with(but we don't matter in these discussions do we?)

Oh and Nicys Emma Clancy was smacked on the rear very hard indeed for stupidly suggesting that there is no difference in operation of an electrical cps to a window installers cps

So they're all in agreement that there can be no agreement (I watched most of it but faded towards the end.)

That is a pity,very understanble but a pity nevertheless
If you did not lose the will to live and stuck it out till the end,that is where the MPs lose patience with them all

Gentlemen

I have emailed Clive Betts, the Chairman of this meeting with the following:

Sir,

I have been watching the video of the meeting of the 2nd September and I can only add how completely ridiculous the current situation it.

Under Gas Safe there is a single scheme with assessments every 4 or 5 years.

Under "electrical" safety there are several schemes and all of which require annual assessments, plus the annual charges are far too high.

I would welcome the opportunity to address the committee on behalf of the hard working sparky, and to present the views of the sparky on the street.

All we want is a single body, no profit making, presenting a single voice to the homeowners and sparkys.

Please, please, please curb the stupidity of the current situation.

AND I have sent this to my own MP!

Last edited by a moderator:
All of them scum, I'd have the four of them strung up if I had my way!

One single government run mandatory scheme with a standard of entry no less than full qualification is the only way to go IMHO! The only reason these corporate bloodsucking scamsters don't want it is because their business would disappear overnight (wouldn't that be a pretty sight!!!). Gas Safe works perfectly for people working with gas and the consumers on the receiving end of their workmanship, the same would be the case for those working on electricity. Lower cost to the contractor, lower cost to the consumer, higher standards for the consumer, less cut-throat, cheap as chips, shoddy competition for the professional contractor. It's a win win win win situation!

All of them scum, I'd have the four of them strung up if I had my way!

One single government run mandatory scheme with a standard of entry no less than full qualification is the only way to go IMHO! The only reason these corporate bloodsucking scamsters don't want it is because their business would disappear overnight (wouldn't that be a pretty sight!!!). Gas Safe works perfectly for people working with gas and the consumers on the receiving end of their workmanship, the same would be the case for those working on electricity. Lower cost to the contractor, lower cost to the consumer, higher standards for the consumer, less cut-throat, cheap as chips, shoddy competition for the professional contractor. It's a win win win win situation!

I take it you aren't happy with the schemes?? :rofl:

I do hope that the "staff" at the schemes have all watched the video and have seem what a mess their Lords and Masters and Mistresses made of the hearing.

Now where is the NICEIC Engineer on here?

I do hope that the "staff" at the schemes have all watched the video and have seem what a mess their Lords and Masters and Mistresses made of the hearing.

Now where is the NICEIC Engineer on here?

Here he is !! ------------------------ >> :hanged: <<-------------------------------------

Shame Lord Suger wan't the Chairman - he wouldn't have stood for the "brand" nonsense.

Well..... in response to my email to Clive Betts the Chairman of the committe I have just received the following response:

"Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email of 4 September 2013 following from the Committee’s evidence session on 2 September on the electrical accreditation bodies.

The Committee proposes, unless you object, to treat your email as a submission to its inquiry.

If you do not wish your correspondence to be published on the Committee’s website please let me know as soon as possible. "

Obviously I won't be reponding as I want them to include my input.

ALL of YOU who are dismayed by the shambles of the scans need to contact Clive Betts too.

You have been fobbed off, and i am not suprised. The term sparky will grab no attention besides a few sighs, courtesy from the ramblings of a commoner. No one listens to the voice from the average working man.
We all know that the whole part pish of the building regulations is a joke and the scheme's are all on the take but you dont have to pay your hard earned to one of these parasites. Read the approved document.

What is needed is the formation of a ''National Register of Qualified Electricians'', with the required Teeth, certainly not scam providers in any way, shape or form.

Recognised minimum entry qualifications, that would in effect put a stop to these ridiculous fast track courses. Anyone operating presently as a so-called fast track competent DI (a meaningless term that should disappear overnight) given a set period of time, to bring themselves up to meet minimum Registry entry requirements.

Once you get this setup working, you can then start taking back the control you have lost over the years to these out and out parasites organisations, including the agencies that presently treat you as nothing better than labourers with rates to match.

Then again you can all sit back and moan, ...do nothing and let things continue to go decidedly further down hill!!

Some of you may still be around to witness the influx of foreign electricians being brought in under contract like the old but rich third world countries had to do. They all had plenty of ill trained so-called domestic installers too, in fact that's ALL they had. It'll not be too long before that's all the UK will have too!!

Most share the same concerns. Maybe they will start to listen. I doubt it though :(

Yes, but if all we do is moan to each other nothing will happen, at least if this is maintained and more people become vocal, then maybe somebody will take note.

At the very least the schemes need to be aware how COMPLETELY UNHAPPY most of are about their money grabbing, executive lead "roles" are.....

Reply to MPs gorging on "schemes on toast" in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock