Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Mr Nagy,s earth rod video. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just wondered if anyone has used this method with the earth wire in flexi conduit going to a plastic end box flat
on the pavement outside the front door with the earth rod coming up thro centre of the box.
Looks like a trip hazard to me.
Regards,S

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Do you have a picture or link?

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
TBH it doesn't look the prettiest. Yes there's slight risk of a trip hazard however I'd be more concerned about bored youths kicking the crap out of it.

I'm surprised he got a decent Ra that close to the foundations.

Ideally I would have cut one of those paving slabs and installed a proper inspection pit.

Also there was no evidence of checking for other services which could have ended in tears.

The pavement is not a suitable place for an earth rod installation without the proper inspection chamber... I was also under the impression that you needed council permits to things like this.

FatAlan

-
Trainee
He was dissing British vineyards on his annual trip to Austria. Way behind the times, we’re knocking out some good quality plonk now and winning prizes in Europe. Still prefer a good English ale though!

Risteard

-
Arms
Esteemed
He was dissing British vineyards on his annual trip to Austria. Way behind the times, we’re knocking out some good quality plonk now and winning prizes in Europe. Still prefer a good English ale though!
Annual? He seems to be there about once a fortnight.

T

Toneyz

I believe his missus is from Austria or Switzerland...
I thought his family came from there that's why he puts a "R" in this surname?
Post automatically merged:

I bet the rest of the street has been upgraded to PME earthing did not see the same next door.

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
Installing a rod in the pavement would drive the council around here mental... you would have them threatening you with allsorts of enforcement action. in the suburbs you may get away with it but anything listed or city centre forget it.
From a practical point of view getting one in the ground next to foundations can be easier around here as the ground has likely been back filled or broken up at some stage. further away you can hit loads of stone.
i had a house in Oldfield Park recently with a rod in literally touching house wall, Ra of 42 rods can literally be a lottery.

Reply to Mr Nagy,s earth rod video. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom