Discuss multi room audio systems in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

llywelyn111

hi

I'm after some information regarding a multi-room sound system. We wire about 6 chalets a month for a company, they have a customer how wants six chalets with a multi-room audio system form a central hub with either a single controller or multi point controller. Where can you buy these systems from? I presume they are wired in cat 5e / 6?

Has anyone wired one of these and where is the best place purchase the kit from?

Also would it be possible to get one audio and visual multi-room system

regards
David

sonus systems are the best, they cost alot but are really simple once you have done one, the main bridge goes at the hi-fi or tv amp then the rest is interlink wirelessly, you have a box for each room that the ceiling speakers go back to. it also streams music, you hae to get a cat 5 to one of the units from the broadband. hope this helps.

One of the guys here has started experimenting with Z-wave controls to be able to run their sound system throughout the house. Has anyone here had any success with Z-wave? It looks promising, but I don't know much about it.

Sonos all the way mate. The functionality of what they offer now is awesome and it really is a piece of ****, highly recommended not only from an installers point of view but from a users.

I've recently fitted lots of Sonos and Rako Rak4 systems and they are fantastic. You could use the Sonos amp with ceiling speakers and hide the unit away it makes for a very neat job. I also used a NAS drive to store all the clients music on so he could access his musis anytime without having a pc on.

Reply to multi room audio systems in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock