Discuss Multifunction tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A bit like you never buy a car in it's first year of production, I'd be inclined to give a totally new Megger model time for them to sort out quirks.

The Fluke unit is now 6 years old. The automated test sequence that looks so appealing on the marketing is rarely very useful in real-life situations, and since amendment 2 it's arguably over testing the RCDs. I have no idea why but it seems quite rare to see another sparks clutching a Fluke.

So I'm not sure I'd get either of them right now! I also like Metrel products, they seem to be very solid and have the megger-like simplicity of use.

I've had a fluke 1552 for 14 years and it never missed a beat until now. The RCD x1 test started acting up.
Replaced it with the 1662.
Simple and reliable.

I have a fair bit of fluke stuff and none of it has ever let me down, apart from the obvious exception. :)

I've just sent the 1552 for calibration, if the repair isn't horrendous I'll keep it as a spare.
I think the Fluke / Megger discussion is like the Dewalt / Milwaukee argument. Not much between them just personal preference.

Perhaps you could expand on this? With the 1845 being new to the market, I haven't seen any reviews and it would be great to learn of first hand experience.
He could be thinking about the new megger mft-x1 that looks like a fisher priced toy.

A bit like you never buy a car in it's first year of production, I'd be inclined to give a totally new Megger model time for them to sort out quirks.

The Fluke unit is now 6 years old. The automated test sequence that looks so appealing on the marketing is rarely very useful in real-life situations, and since amendment 2 it's arguably over testing the RCDs. I have no idea why but it seems quite rare to see another sparks clutching a Fluke.

So I'm not sure I'd get either of them right now! I also like Metrel products, they seem to be very solid and have the megger-like simplicity of use.

I have 4 metrels never had a problem with any of them the one I use the most is the 3100se.
The only reason I have 4 is that over the years newer models show up on flea bay i think I paid £200 for that one was only 3 months old.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could expand on this? With the 1845 being new to the market, I haven't seen any reviews and it would be great to learn of first hand experience.
I agree it would be good to hear from someone with obviously more knowledge of these things as I personally have never used any mfts other than the metrel.

I've had a fluke 1552 for 14 years and it never missed a beat until now. The RCD x1 test started acting up.
Replaced it with the 1662.
Simple and reliable.

I have a fair bit of fluke stuff and none of it has ever let me down, apart from the obvious exception. :)

I've just sent the 1552 for calibration, if the repair isn't horrendous I'll keep it as a spare.
I think the Fluke / Megger discussion is like the Dewalt / Milwaukee argument. Not much between them just personal preference.
I agree and that's what I'm after at the moment, just feedbacks of personal experience to understand a bit the possible pros and cons of both.!

I think it's been for a little while already to ask for reviews! And that's what I'm after at the moment. I personally really like and own both brands but sometimes it all depends of models, applications and personal preferences... So I think is worth discussing about it..

Reply to Multifunction tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock