Discuss Multimeter Recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Very nice, it’s an awful lot of money.

This is my general meter to use.

I have better ones,but I think it is a good rugged all rounder. You might be able to save few quid by getting a 177 it's literally the same just with out the thermocouple

Buy this now.

It's a good bit better than the 115 and isn't much more expensive.

He's just giving it away at that money

Buy this now.

It's a good bit better than the 115 and isn't much more expensive.

He's just giving it away at that money

A little out of my price range unfortunately. It looks as though it’s sold straight away.

I use a Fluke 117 as my daily meter, though it does not have the mA range you requested.
Not sure how widely available they are in the UK, but have you looked at the Kyoritsu range? I started my training with a 1009 that was under 100 quid, and have a 1012 now that I break out when I need mA measurements.

So my ACT Meter has went a little faulty. So I’ve sent them an email to see if they can have a look at it and possibly calibrate it if it’s not knackered. Any recommendations? As I maybe able to get a bargain as ACT one of £60 to calibrate alone.

After having a few cheapo multimeters I moved on to Fluke multimeters in the 80's and now have a few, one is over 30 years old and still as good as the day I got except for a few battle scars. I appreciate they are an expensive meter but longevity is the payback for me

I have to agree with @UNG that Fluke meters are good and last.

We have two Fluke 179 meters which is (I think) still made in the USA and are very nice bits of kit. However, I got ours largely for electronics use where the high DC accuracy was good. I think ours came with both sturdy GS38 style leads and some fine ones for low power work. You might want to look at the whole range based on what you need as they do more robust models, etc.

I’ve seen this:

I have to agree with @UNG that Fluke meters are good and last.

We have two Fluke 179 meters which is (I think) still made in the USA and are very nice bits of kit. However, I got ours largely for electronics use where the high DC accuracy was good. I think ours came with both sturdy GS38 style leads and some fine ones for low power work. You might want to look at the whole range based on what you need as they do more robust models, etc.
At the moment my main one is a well used 30+ years old Fluke 27 for general work with a 289 for more complex jobs and it's logging capability and also a not so often used Scopemeter. Aside from the wear and tear items of replacement leads and batteries all are in perfect working order after many years of service and there is no reason to believe they won't give many more

You'll never go wrong with a Fluke auto ranging meter.

I've used and had various hand held and bench meters over the years. The one that sticks in my my mind the most is an old Solartron valve voltmeter with nixie tubes. Took half an hour to warm up enough to give reliable results that one.

I've still got my Tandy/Micronta bench meter that my dad got me in the 1980s when I was getting into electronics. And an Avo 8, 2 x Flukes and a few cheapy ones which I've accumulated over the years.

Reply to Multimeter Recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net