Discuss Multimeter testing - help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dornex

-
Reaction score
I'm new here and by no means an electrician.
I was left a fluke 902 by my neighbor who moved out. I just wanted to test it if it works but when checking AA batteries for example it gives me different readings when I reverse polarity. The same battery shows 1.2 and -1.5 when turned around.
Any ideas? Any recommendations on how should I test if it works properly?

Its device that might need calibration or new batteries , contact Fluke UK.

You just tested if it works properly, evidently it doesn't if it measures a different voltage just by reversing the polarity. I assume you repeated the test?
Change the internal batteries then try testing a different (new) battery and maybe try a new set of test leads, however you can't check if it's working properly unless you compare it to known good device or use a calibrated voltage or current source.
It is designed primarily for HVAC work (and by the way you can't check batteries are OK with a voltage check alone).

I thought Ethal the Aardvark went quantity surveying ?

think i'll go back to bed.

yep. and i haven't even got started yet. just to kick it off.......

Not quite as bad as the first one, was that another Month send up ?

I bloody hate predictive text, should have read another Monty Python send up.

mel brookes. king of american comedy.

finding life is hard to cope
at the end of a telescope
the future is hard
like stirring lard
the birds call out
i twist and shout
nobody hears
my hard pressed tears
the way to life
is all through strife
let me have your dedicated ear
now it's time for another beer..

and that, folks is my first ever attempt at poetry.

Aah right, don't watch much modern stuff. Prefer things like Steptoe & son, Only fools & horses etc.
have you never watched the film, blazing saddles?

Reply to Multimeter testing - help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock