Discuss multiple door bells in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

beaver74

Hi all

I have a customer who want 3 door bells which are the standard ding dong electro magnet type.I have raised the voltage to compensate but can only get 2 to work.
the trany is a 12Vdc 1A
does any one know if the trany ampage is the disiding factor as the resistance to each bell is 5.25 ohms meaning each bell is trying to pull 2.2A from a 12V 1A trany, will a 12V high current out put trany run these bells
or the other idea is to use a higher voltage and place a resister in series with each bell bring voltage down to the rated 9V
any views

Hi all

I have a customer who want 3 door bells which are the standard ding dong electro magnet type.I have raised the voltage to compensate but can only get 2 to work.
the trany is a 12Vdc 1A
does any one know if the trany ampage is the disiding factor as the resistance to each bell is 5.25 ohms meaning each bell is trying to pull 2.2A from a 12V 1A trany, will a 12V high current out put trany run these bells
or the other idea is to use a higher voltage and place a resister in series with each bell bring voltage down to the rated 9V
any views

Try wiring in 4mm, to keep resistance down, try and keep away from the resistors, you will never get all 3 to work

I was going to suggest fitting electronic chimes but a quick look on the web and all I got were wireless ones with prices to suit. If you can find some wired electronic chimes they may be cheaper than trying to rewire or experimenting with transformers.

Reply to multiple door bells in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net