Discuss Multiple kitchen appliance failures in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Failure of a socket, switch or connection powering a heating or cooking appliance is likely to happen during cooking once the load has been on for long enough for it to get hot. It's normally an avalanche effect, a bad connection or contact gets hot, its spring or clamping force weakens or the plastic parts give a little, further loosening the contact, increasing the resistance et, then a little bit of arcing creates an airgap and it never makes contact again.

Reply to Multiple kitchen appliance failures in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently planning a new rewire for my kitchen and want to get things right first time when it comes to appliances consumptions and circuits...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views
We're renovating our kitchen, and I have parts of the wall open and can rewire circuits right now if needed. We currently have three 20A circuits...
Replies
Views
Hello there, we are wanting two new double sockets in our kitchen, one will be below counter to accommodate gas hob and ovens ignition plugs...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are replacing our old hob and cooker and I need a bit of help, to make sure all is safe. This is the oven and hob specs: AEG IKB64401FB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock