Discuss Music in 4 rooms in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

llywelyn111

Hi,

I have a customer who wants music to come from one hi-fi in the lounge. He only wants to control it from the hi-fi, but he wants in in four rooms, 2 speakers in each room and the same music and same volume in all the rooms. Does anyone know where I can get a basic kit like this from?

David

they don't want a wireless system. Do they need to get a new hi fi and another amp for the other rooms?

have been installing this system around the customers whole house, all run from a audio server with Nuvo Concerto controls in each room.

Music in 4 rooms {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're after 'basic' you could wire the speakers in series-parallel, ie 4 speakers to each channel, 2 in series then another 2 in series, in parallel to the other 2 if that makes any sense at all.
If the existing amp isn't very big or they want the music loud you might need an additional power amp.

Nuvo system is great. But if you want something really basic, both QED and B Tech do a switch unit. The QED one allows you to run 5 pairs speakers from one decent size amp. You can also put their vol controls in line. Let me know if you need further help.

if its that basic then have a look on specs of his hi-fi, if its for 8 or 4 ohm speakers, then you can wire them series/parallel to get the right impedance.

I know it's not what your chap is looking for, but i've recently put some Sonos devices in and love them, especially with Wifi and Spotify.

SparkyDips - how much ish did that system cost to put in - looks awesome!

SparkyDips - how much ish did that system cost to put in - looks awesome!

hello mate sorry for late reply haven't been on here for a while (mk1 Golf has been bankrupting me)

this system comprised of Nuvo Controls, Grand Concerto audio server and Bower&Wilkins CCM662 speakers in every room even the ****ter!! all in all this system cost approx £25k so not cheap!!

regards

You don't actually say if this customer wants to drive more than one set of 'speakers at the same time, but I shall assume that is so.

I would like to make the following observations.

If all of the 'speakers are driven from one amplifier, if the number of 'speakers is changed, e.g. switching a set on or off in one room, then the volume in the other rooms will change.

The total power which the amplifer delivers at any particular volume setting will be divided between all the connected the 'speakers.

If you connect 'speakers in series or in parallel, or in a series/parallel combination, across an amplifier's output, the amplifer will no longer be properly able to damp the 'speakers. It will work, but it certainly won't be "hi-fi". But I suspect that this is of no consequence.

Ceiling 'speakers will not deliver "hi-fi", but again, I suspect that this is of no consequence.

Unless you can acquire an amplifier, or system, specifically designed to drive 4 or more sets of 'speakers, the simplest way to get predictable results might be to use one amplifier for each room and driving only that room's 'speakers, and drive three of the amplifers from an auxilliary output on the fourth.

Reply to Music in 4 rooms in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock