Discuss my 17th eddition books came today in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
my on site guide and bgb came today finaly,i have theguidance note3 inspection and testing book but it's 16 th eddition would i get away with this book on elecsa assesment or do i need an up to date one?

sparks1973

Regular EF Member
so if you have only just recieved up to date books (green)...how have you managed until now?....the first amendment was july 2011...

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
If I were you, I would get the latest versions of the guidance notes, not just for the assessment, but more for the wealth of tips and information in them.

M

MKS

My old GN sits in van window discolouring in the sun, looks ancient now :)

Concur with Murdoch, get the latest ones, if only to keep you up to date :)

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
so if you have only just recieved up to date books (green)...how have you managed until now?....the first amendment was july 2011...
I read somewhere recently, that the number of copies of Amd 1 sold, was only something like 30% (it was a low figure) of the number of UK electricians.
Make of that what you will...

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
As johnny says, you don't need the GN books for registration, just the latest regs book and OSG (along with the other stuff). Definitely worth upgrading to the latest GN3 and GN8 though, as very useful.

S

SirKit Breaker

If I were you, I would get the latest versions of the guidance notes, not just for the assessment, but more for the wealth of tips and information in them.
Especially the change to insulation resistance testing procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.