Discuss My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie... lol in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wade88

sy screen 2.jpegimage.jpeg Pluck the other cores from the center of the braid, leave the earth in, strip insulation from end of earth, twist together with SY screen and boot lace ferrule together. Perfecto. Less than 5 minutes work and a lovely neat job IMO.

Re: My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie... lo

If your using stuffin glands with sy (not that I agree with it, well I don't agree in a lot of sy installed but that's by the by)

Prise the cores out of the braiding, sleeve it with G&Y stick a ferrule or crimp on the end and terminate.

Re: My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie... lo

you just know this "latest technique" is going to get slammed............;-)

it does look as if theres a chance the braiding could rub against the conductor insulation.......

hmmm , i'll give you an award for effort though.........

imagesCA5Q9YTS.jpg

;-)

at £17 each.... I think my ingenuity not only proves a cost effective and time efficient method of terminating screening but also shows when faced WITHOUT the *prefered* gland on a job there are nice tidy quick alternatives.

Don't poo on my party

Behave Biff, rubbing on the insulation! As if! But i will take your badge Sir, and put it in the drawer with the others. Thank you kindly.

I am INSTANTLY regretting posting this. lol :wheelchair:

My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie...

at £17 each.... I think my ingenuity not only proves a cost effective and time efficient method of terminating screening but also shows when faced WITHOUT the *prefered* gland on a job there are nice tidy quick alternatives.

Don't poo on my party

£17 each?? That's why The manager never let's me use them

If i was to use your method of incorporating the braid and CPC, at least i would use a stuffing gland into the enclosure!! What on earth are those things your using in the background entering the enclosure?? Look like some sort of PVC gland for plastic flexible conduit??

And yes, this arrangement would need some form of sleeving or heat shrink covering...

If i was to use your method of incorporating the braid and CPC, at least i would use a stuffing gland into the enclosure!! What on earth are those things your using in the background entering the enclosure?? Look like some sort of PVC gland for plastic flexible conduit??

And yes, this arrangement would need some form of sleeving or heat shrink covering...

Wow didn't even see that, I just assumed stuffing glands were used. That's dog rough to have no cable retention/grip at all. And a tie-wrap to the tray doesn't really count lol.

Re: My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie...

You have three options, you can only pick two:

1/ the job will be done right
2/ the job will be done quick
3/ the job will be done cheap

Wade, you have a total disregard of electrical safety. Every time you post something, cost is predominant.

View attachment 19418View attachment 19419 Pluck the other cores from the center of the braid, leave the earth in, strip insulation from end of earth, twist together with SY screen and boot lace ferrule together. Perfecto. Less than 5 minutes work and a lovely neat job IMO.

I only have one word for this..

​BODGER

If you did that on one of my jobs or on one I inspected I would chuck you off site and ensure that you were never allowed back, that is a load of bolloxs.

If the glands are £17 for SY do the job in SWA, it's lot more suitable for 440v.

wow ! my epic fail badge was positively kind compared to the arse ripping , thread trashing comments that have been posted since !
team trolling is a formidable sight to behold lol.

give him a break now guys , its always good to experiment even if it ends titanic style ;-)

Why didn't you use bottom entry into the enclosures ?

Reply to My cool new way to earth SY screen. Feel free to keep this one as a freebie... lol in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net