ELECSA Certification Scheme My ELECSA Assessment

Discuss My ELECSA Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Greenspark17

Hello to all

Having used this site to find information {can't believe the amount of stuff some of you guys know} and help with a few problems on jobs over the years I have decided to join.
I originally did the old 236 1 and 2 on 15th edition at night school 3 nights a week for 3 years if only it was easier back then but that was to many years ago to remember and left the industry in the mid nineties. With redundancy looming and not having a clue what else to do as the Gigalo option was closed due to a back injury i started looking at sparking again. Knowing that with any trade confidence is key earlier this year I upgraded my certs to 2382 {17th edition} and also did the 2392-10 testing and inspection with a view to signing off my own work. So have bitten the bullet and booked an assessment with Elecsa due in early jan 2012 . I have been practicing the different tests on a board i have installed in my own house but for some reason I can't find some of my notes for filling in the test results so was hoping some one could light the way and give us a few pointers. i've listed below what i'm having trouble with. any help would be appreciated cheers guys

1. on the Elecsa test cert the table of results for continuity of ring mains reads :end to end results R1 phase/Rn neutral/R2 cpc I take it these are the readings you log for testing live to live neutral to neutral etc and if so that's fine then when you cross connect line and cpc and test at each outlet for for R1 and R2 in the next column do you just put in the highest reading or do you have to calculate using your previous figures from end to end.

I hope that sounds clear if not then the "onsite guide" page 80 steps one ,two and three is what i'm on about

Just a a bit confused as seem to have loads of figures and not sure what to do with them.

This post is bound to be the first of many as i endeavour to get it right before the big day.

Once again any help would be gratefully received

Cheers Greenspark 17

Ok, the section of line, neutral, cpc are rfc test only and this is where you record your end to end values, so for line, put a test probe on one leg and another on the second leg, you are now testing the impedance of the entire line conductor. This is your end to end value, record and repeat for the other conductors. Now for the R1&R2, mathematically add line and cpc values together, Eg.

Line=. .45 ohm
Cpc. =. .75 ohm (line value x1.67 allowing for the smaller cpc in 2.5 T&E.)

So total = 1.2 ohms, divide by 4 =0.3 ohm and .3 is now your theoretical R1&R2 value.

Interconnect line & cpc from opposing legs at the db and test at every socket. Results by rights should be within 0.05 of each other. And all around your calculated value

Many thanks for prompt reply , that all looks very familiar. So in a nutshell you take end to end readings and record them then using the equation above you can get a figure that your further test for R1 and R2 should relate to and so once you have tested interconnected ends via various sockets on the selected circuit do you put your highest reading in the r1 r2 column or the answer from your equation. sorry to sound a bit thick but have tested all ring circuits to within an inch of their lives and now have figures everywhere in an attempt to be as accurate as i can and leave nothing i can't explain.

Bare with me on this but thanks anyway........

Reply to My ELECSA Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net