Discuss My head is all over the place. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
4 years ago I got laid off as a JIB apprentice. I had completed all stages of my AM2 apart from my fault finding which I failed. I wish I had of just rebooked it and finished my apprenticeship. I am 26 years of age, and i'm wanting to possibly redo my NVQ LEVEL 3. Will I have to start from the beginning or will I be able to redo it without having to do my AM2

This will get confusing so bare with me o_O

If you enrolled on the City And Guilds 2356 before the end of 2013 then you had until the end of 2015 to complete it and get your certificate (No Am2 needed)

If you enrolled on the EAL Equivalent before the end of 2014 then you had until the end of 2016 to complete it and get your certificate (No Am2 needed)

Now they've scrapped both those qualifications in favour of the City and Guilds 2357 and the EAL Equivalent and after you've finished one of those you'd have to do your Am2.

It depends if you want a Gold Card and whether or not you have the 2330 technical certs already, otherwise you'll have to do the 2365 level 2 and 3 plus the NVQ AND the AM2 to get "Fully Qualified":confused:

thanks for the reply.

I was doing the apprenticeship with JIB and my assigned person at the time was a gent called Paul Moorcock and he told me that they wouldn't release my NVQ LEVEL 3 without me completeing my AM2

thanks for the reply.

I was doing the apprenticeship with JIB and my assigned person at the time was a gent called Paul Moorcock and he told me that they wouldn't release my NVQ LEVEL 3 without me completeing my AM2

There two separate courses so I can't see how they can refuse to give them you. I'd be ringing them and demanding my Certs, that way you only have the am2 to redo.

Out of interest why did you stop anyway?

Thanks for the comment. I worked for a large company and at the time being so young I felt like I didn't learn anything being just another number.

I wasn't getting shown how to wire circuits etc... it was mainly just conduit and tray work. Which didn't help

If I was to give advice to other youngsters now it would be go to a small company and learn.

I left and due to getting a position with an oil and gas company

Reply to My head is all over the place. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net