Discuss my introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scampy

Hello all. i've been reading this and other lesser forums ;) for some time now as a guest but decided to sign up properly now that i have passed my elecsa assesment.

i'm currently employed full time outside of the electrical world but as i cannot see myself working for the same idiots for the rest of my life i've chased after long term thought to become a sole trading electrician.

i'm aware that there is a lot to this career and that a few weeks on a course do not make an electricain, my brother-in-law did a 5 year aprentiship. i therefore plan to carry on in employment for now and work evenings and weekends to build up practical knowledge and good reputation doing the smaller jobs that are not profitable for full time electricains.

hopefully you will welcome me and answer my rubish questions and maybe i'll even be able to help others.

Smaller jobs not profitable to full time electricians? Try me:cool:
Welcome though Fishy

Welcome aboard scampy, we are not a bad bunch.

We all try to help each other, and sometimes there are differences of opinion , which makes life that bit more interesting does it not !

Hi my name is Brian, I have lived in Spain for the past 7 years & love it. I am 63 years young & have been an electrician all my life starting with a 6 year apprenticeship with the East Midlands Electricity Board. What got me into working in Spain was when I was self employed in England in 1992 I worked on the Expo site in Seville for 7 months & saw the state of the electrics over here. The biggest problem is that where I live is all TT system with 30Ma RCDs,& when it does rain it's murder over here as all external joints are open to the elements.The spanish idea is if it works leave it alone & if it's not replace it.I have just purchased new test equipment from england as it's impossible to source it here.20 Km down the road from me is a CEF wholesaler & even they do not stock test equipment as the spanish dont use it.But I love it here.:)

Hi Scampy & Brian

Brian What part of Spain? I worked out there for a year in Tordera (near Lloret del Mar)(although Catalunia is not Spain:D) on a materials handling conveyor system, then onto Zaragoza for a few months. Enjoyed every minute, very friendly locals, good food, beautiful women;)

I've been an electrician 48 years & I'm still learning,dont believe it when they say they knoe=w it all.

I live in the Alicante area of spain as I have for the past 7 years.Ive built up a small bussiness from word of mouth & for me thats fine as I havent come over here to work 7 days a week, its to nice here. PS I havent had to scape ice of my car window for the last 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately its very hard trying to get a job over here at the moment due to reccession but to work here its better if you can speak spanish.You can go self employed & pay into the social system to gain all the benifits.But it will take a wqhile to get yourself noticed & excepted untill you have built up a clientelle to pass your work on.

Reply to my introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock