Discuss My lights stopped work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

My kitchen lights (2 brand new led lights) both stopped working. Tried flipping the breaker and replacing the light switch. Nothing worked. I took a volt meter and checked the wiring to the switch, I can't get a reading, it appears that there is no power coming thru the wires (I'm an idiot and have very little knowledge of electrical work, although I know how to use a volt meter)

The breaker seems good and the other lights on that breaker seem to be working. Need any tips

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Whoever installed the new lights needs to come back and have a good look.
I suspect they have a connection that is not actually connected properly.

Megawatt

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My kitchen lights (2 brand new led lights) both stopped working. Tried flipping the breaker and replacing the light switch. Nothing worked. I took a volt meter and checked the wiring to the switch, I can't get a reading, it appears that there is no power coming thru the wires (I'm an idiot and have very little knowledge of electrical work, although I know how to use a volt meter)

The breaker seems good and the other lights on that breaker seem to be working. Need any tips
How long has those brand new LED lights been installed. It sounds to me like your problem is in one of the lights. The switch is not going to just cut off the 2 lights unless there all all on 1 circuit

Reply to My lights stopped work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net