Discuss My Ongoing Domestic Questions... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Stuuk1

Me again ;)

Ok, oval conduit... 13mm 16mm 20mm or 25mm?

I'm going to get my hands on a wall chaser so depth shouldn't be a problem, so therefore I'm torn between 16mm and 20mm as I presume 25mm isn't really that necessary.

I know some may say don't bother with capping but I want to use it as its my own house.

Get a load of each its cheap and you can use sizes for different circuits
Just keep it in a rhino tube on your van

Hi Stuuk1,
I use 13mm for 1mm T&E 16mm for single 2.5mm T&E drops and 20mm for double 2.5mm T&E cable drops 25mm for all others or if its a bit tight.

Fantastic, thanks guys.

I take it you all leave the conduit a few cm above the box sunk in to the wall?

Also how do you attach this in the chase? With a crampet of some sort?

6 mm or 10 mm cable clips or use a bit of earth wire and two screws
if youre chase is good it will be snug or just bash it with the hammer

I recently got some 20mm tower oval conduit, and after using oval 5 years ago my word it had gone down in quality, it's so thin! I use 40mm clout nails hammered in, nice big round heads hold if in well!

drill and plug the proper clips for ech size of oval tube. then clip the tube in.

I only really buy 25mm oval and just bang it in with clout nails either side every 400mm or so. I also use capping a lot of the time just depends which is gonna be quicker and easier

I use either the clout nail method or, just lately i have worked out that my chaser is able to cut an exact size for a 25mm, if i put a deliberate ever so slight zig zag in every 250mm it fits in like a jigsaw, ideal!!!

I use either the clout nail method or, just lately i have worked out that my chaser is able to cut an exact size for a 25mm, if i put a deliberate ever so slight zig zag in every 250mm it fits in like a jigsaw, ideal!!!

I agree, but my zig-zag is usually un-intentional.....Must get eyes re-calibrated !!!

Slightly off question and perhaps I should start a different thread... But smoke detectors... Spurred off the lighting circuit at any point?

Reply to My Ongoing Domestic Questions... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock