Discuss My Qualifications - need help ! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

luton-sparky

I have completed and achieved the following :-

Performing Engineering Operations Level 1
Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2330 Level 2
Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2330 Level 3
ECS Health & Safety assessment - Pass

So from a sparky's point of you what will i be classed as? Bare in mind i dont have any on site experience.

Cheers.:)

To get a JIB Card you ned to get an Electrotechnical NVQ 3 which is a site based assessment process plus the other quals you already hold.
Depending on which area of work their are various awarding bodies with whom you can get this & having delivered some 600 plus level 2 & 3 NVQs on site from Glasgow to Pembroke I may be able to get this for free through government funding for you. Its what I do for a living now, you my want to talk some more & that goes for anyone elese out there.
Ive just found this site & think I can help many people get where they need to go.

Hi keith ,
just read your post can you pm me with more info on nvq3 cheers (i,e cost and time scale)

cheers onit

Basically its funded through Train to Gain & I & a team iof assessors deliver this through on site assessment, because of the funding it is quite often free at the point of delivery. Without an NVQ 3 you will not get a JIB Card, if you want to call me do so on 07870738467

Hi luton sparky,

From a JIB point of view you would be a trainee electrician stage 2

on proof of studying nvq 3 and working towards AM2 you become stage 3 trainee electrician.

To be Aproved Electrician (Gold card) you need NVQ 3 and 17th update on top of your existing quals (17th if your quals are more than 3 years old).

See the ECS card website for more details its not very clear cut but basically your tech' certs are only enough to make you apprentice / trainee level. Real world practical experience and proof of that is what you need now. I suggest you document and photograph every thing you do as a sparks to help you complete NVQ3.

Reply to My Qualifications - need help ! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock