Discuss My Sister in Law is having her kitchen extractor remodeled, what certi ss required in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My Sister in Law is having a new extract fan installed due to an obnoxious Neighbour complaining about cooking smells, She is having a builder to install a new fan and ducting, What Electrical certification would be required? me I would say a MNEW cert and an ISITEE as well what say you lot? I am remote by 130 miles so supervision/ is not easy. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as the constant phone calls are doing my head in, Oh she is divorced, so male support is non existent apart from me.
[automerge]1581434532[/automerge]
My Sister in Law is having a new extract fan installed due to an obnoxious Neighbour complaining about cooking smells, She is having a builder to install a new fan and ducting, What Electrical certification would be required? me I would say a MNEW cert and an ISITEE as well what say you lot? I am remote by 130 miles so supervision/ is not easy. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as the constant phone calls are doing my head in, Oh she is divorced, so male support is non existent apart from me.
I realise it's a like for like change, but to save my sanity, please!!!

Last edited:
Hi Pete, hopefully they will fit a switched FCU with a 3A fuse to an existing convenient circuit and then MW cert. will be fine.

Hi Pete, hopefully they will fit a switched FCU with a 3A fuse to an existing convenient circuit and then MW cert. will be fine.
Thanks Mate, do you not feel that some certification on the new Fan will be required for insurance purposes, yes She is that pedantic, just for me, to save the endless phone calls,

If it is just a replacement of an existing fan with a new one connected to the same SFCU or socket with no alteration to the fixed wiring then there is no requirement for any certification.

If the customer wants a certificate for a job which does not require it then they need to discuss this with the contractor before agreeing to the job, otherwise the contractor is within their rights to just say no.

If it is just a replacement of an existing fan with a new one connected to the same SFCU or socket with no alteration to the fixed wiring then there is no requirement for any certification.

If the customer wants a certificate for a job which does not require it then they need to discuss this with the contractor before agreeing to the job, otherwise the contractor is within their rights to just say no.
There is an existing 13 Amp SO which will need changing to a RCU so a MNEW cert will be required, wont it? well it will in my book.
[automerge]1581439132[/automerge]
If its wired into the old fan FCU then no certs are necessary.
[automerge]1581439189[/automerge]
If its wired into the old fan FCU then no certs are necessary.
It isn't

If it's a builder, he might just plug it into the existing socket...….then no cert required. :(:(:(

There is an existing 13 Amp SO which will need changing to a RCU so a MNEW cert will be required, wont it? well it will in my book.
[automerge]1581439132[/automerge]

[automerge]1581439189[/automerge]

It isn't
Sorry, whats an RCU?

If there's and FCU there, change the fuse to an appropriate one, wire it up.

Can't see why a cert is required.

No ISITEE required for the new fan.
not being awkward but why not? it is after all a bit of Electrical equipment and would be subjected to a test, if someone was doing normal ISITEE TESTING, or should be.

not being awkward but why not? it is after all a bit of Electrical equipment and would be subjected to a test, if someone was doing normal ISITEE TESTING

Not needed for new appliances though.

Pete is same asme.brain works OK but the fingers have senile dementia.

Reply to My Sister in Law is having her kitchen extractor remodeled, what certi ss required in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock