Discuss Nailed through SWA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
As an experiment I asked my joiner mate to see if his paslode frame nailer would go through SWA yep it did, so we tried a bit of 4x2 on top of the cable same result, we played around with other stuff too,3mm ( i think) galvy trunking put up a fight, so we changed nails, he is going to bring his steel fixing hilti gun and have a go at steel conduit ps all safety precautions will be observed IE no beer, did you know you can hole a beer can at 2 metres with a paslode,
Pict

Ha ha sounds like a good time...

Surprised it didnt get aimed at the apprentice...

Did you know you can hit a running apprentice from 6 metres away if you aim the gun high enough....

Of course I'm joking before the health and safety geeks moan....yeh he wasnt running at all, he was tied down...

My old hilti fixing gun that used 0.44 cartrages would fly through conduit.

Fly through brick and block walls too with the right colour cartridge!! Seen that happen on too many occasions, when the operative wasn't paying attention as to what cartridge he was charging the gun with!! Bloody dangerous things in the wrong hands, only by pure luck, that no-one was hit on the other side of the walls!!

Was doing a job recently and just connecting up downlights and the Polish carpenter (dangerous dave) was in the same small enclosed room, just as I cut the cable (which was obviously dead) he fired his Paslode, the ba5tard! Nearly fell off the ladder from 3m up!

I worked with a lad once who was trying to show off with his nail gun.. Well after shooting number of nails whilst holing the safety...

Boom straight through ones finger.. We laughed and laughed we did. Lol

Not sure who is aware of this, but the classic hilti gun is now classed as a fire arm and has to be licensed to both own and use...Know a Chippy who was stopped by the Old Bill about 5 years ago and almost got prosecuted because of this, thankfully the Magistrate had some common sense and kicked it into the long grass, Paul got rid of the Hilti and bought a Paslobe instead...perfectly legal!!

why dont we up the stakes and energize the test cables ?
400v & a 63A breaker should provide the necessary fireworks..........
of course theres no shame if your not upto the challenge.......

;-)

Reply to Nailed through SWA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net