Discuss Napit assessment passed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Trott

Hi all,
yesterday I passed my napit assessment, the assessor was impressed by the way carried out some of the tests he wanted me to perform, it took about 1 hour to complete .
Advice for any first timers with napit is take your time answering any questions he may ask & be comfortable around your meter, I had to use a unfamiliar meter as mine developed a fault on the assessment day,

Regards Trott

Usually questions such as do you have any bourbons or jammie dodgers!!

They generally ask things like minimum IR readings allowed, max Ze on say TN-S etc, maybe a Max Zs on a certain type of OCPD, often an earthing of bonding qu too. Very informal and not too taxing.

Well done Trott.

Wonder if you had the same assessor as me.

I've had elecsa and napit assessments, and not sure whether it was just down to him 'having a feel for me' (keep it clean lads) but the elecsa assessments were more taxing, hardly had any questions to answer with Napit. Had a talk about this that and everything, spent 20mins on site and he was gone. Decent bloke though.

Good work on passing the assessment, cool, calm and easy is the way to go about it.
I got my test leads in a tangle last time!
Most of my time was spent waiting for the assessor to work out from the computer how to ask the next question, or me correcting the questions!

Good work on passing the assessment, cool, calm and easy is the way to go about it.
I got my test leads in a tangle last time!
Most of my time was spent waiting for the assessor to work out from the computer how to ask the next question, or me correcting the questions!

Money well spent then :50:

The assessor had a new iPad connected to 4G which was a pretty good tool. My meter displayed fault on the screen the morning of the test (fluke1653b), so I borrowed a friends meter which was a megger 1730, I completed all the test's no problem, quite like the megger compared to the fluke.
the question came out at random & not in testing order.

Hi all,
yesterday I passed my napit assessment, the assessor was impressed by the way carried out some of the tests he wanted me to perform, it took about 1 hour to complete .
Advice for any first timers with napit is take your time answering any questions he may ask & be comfortable around your meter, I had to use a unfamiliar meter as mine developed a fault on the assessment day,

Regards Trott
The cheque cleared then?

Reply to Napit assessment passed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock