NAPIT Certification Scheme napit code 2/3

Discuss napit code 2/3 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys i spoke to nappit recently after reading their codebreakers book,it said code 2 for all cables which are buried in the wall less than 50mm deep not rcd protected.i then said when doing a eicr i have always coded lighting circuits not rcd protected as code 3, he then said you would have to around with a cable tracer to make sure all cables are within zones and unless you can prove that then it would be code 2,your thoughts guys

Bizzare. Cables buried in the fabric of the building is not part of the test?!
it's on the tick sheet under RCD additional protection. 5.12 - 3rd line.

wot he sed. ^^^^^. C3 all day (at worst). wood butchers and wet-pants will drill into them, presrcibed zones or not. the more we kill, the better.

I agree c3 all day for that!
This really annoys me about these technical help lines and codebreaker book, an inspection is to prove that it is safe for continued use and pick up any things that may not now comply due to regulation changes! It is an opinion based on experience expertise and knowledge with physical testing. The code given is down to the opinion of the inspector and situation surrounding it. These books are the opinions of others that cannot see the situation you are applying the code to. This is why we have indemnity insurance!

Does anybody go around with a cable tracer? Never heard of this before to prove cable within zones
Dean in the USA we have a company come out free of charge who has a wand that finds underground utilities plus where they are, talking foundations we have to secure our earth to the rebareb before they pour their concrete

Well the updated best practice guide 4 has it as a C3 still and considering Napit along with the Niceic and other bodies in the industry have banded together to write this thing, I find it bizarre that the Niceic give it a C3( this was a question asked on a Facebook live stream) and Napit a C2 ( from their code breaker book).
For my 2 pence worth I give this a C3 personally.

C3 for me, in general.
Maybe we're getting to the point, though, if the property was wired to later 17th, C2 could come into it.....but in such a case it should be RCD protected anyway...so there's already a C2 for that. If you think about it, you could save an awful lot of C2's with an RCBO. As regards zones, why would you want to check them for an EICR?...unless the plaster's falling off the wall and showing things up.

C3 for me, in general.
Maybe we're getting to the point, though, if the property was wired to later 17th, C2 could come into it.....but in such a case it should be RCD protected anyway...so there's already a C2 for that. If you think about it, you could save an awful lot of C2's with an RCBO. As regards zones, why would you want to check them for an EICR?...unless some of the plaster's falling off the wall.
That's why I put it on here as I couldn't understand

I don't believe that installation date should come into it. Assess the risk and code accordingly. And lack of RCD additional protection where now required cannot be given no recommendation code.

Reply to napit code 2/3 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock