Discuss Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Someone posted the vid of the Commons Select Committee meeting circa 2014 on Part P, one where Mr D Skelton attended. I watched most of it, and the second half was rather interesting, Ms Clancy, & one of the SMT from Napit (I think) and others.

One of the questions by the committee asked about scheme members being 'struck off'. Ms Clancy was quoting some figures, 2% of 10%, or something ambiguous. They got a bit of a grilling from the committee. But clearly, much hasn't moved on in the last few years.

Whilst I always feel a bit anxious when I have my assessment, I do wonder on how much work is actually checked or competence is assessed. My work is domestic. It's difficult to arrange jobs for the assessor to view, it's an inconvenience for most customers. It would be great to have an on going job, for the assessor to view, but the timing has never been right. So all the jobs I've used have been completed ones. Not much to see, save opening up a CU, or looking at some faceplates or down lights etc.

I always get asked loads of technical questions, in amongst the chit chat, but for all he knows, I could be lashing it in with bell wire. I'm not of course :)

I got assessment Thursday but don't really do domestic, same problem though. Have you tried keeping a photographic record of a job you know you might go to.

I got assessment Thursday but don't really do domestic, same problem though. Have you tried keeping a photographic record of a job you know you might go to.

Yep I do actually, but he gets a bit bored after a while. Reminds me of me brother showing me his bespoke photo album of his Kenyan Safari Trip :openmouth:

Like-button, like-button, like-button!
I want to press my Like-button, like-button, like-button!
I want to press my like-button
I want to press my like
I want to press my like-button
I want to press it where I like

If I was a customer having been ripped off and left in an unsafe state like this I could inform building control, leave a bad internet reveiw and get someone competent in to make it safe. Or, as I'm lazy, probably just inform bbc's watchdog to do it all for me :)

I often judge people by their paperwork and this is a classic example, it is shocking. Have NAPIT defined what a more serious complaint is and what parameters they are using. They are clearly not interested and I for one would not let it go.

I agree @westward10 you can tell a lot by a sparks paperwork, the only people who understand the paperwork are other sparks not the customer so often no pride is taken..!

Stop tap is dribbling, I can't bond it. What a poor excuse. I'm amazed someone from NAPIT won't even visit. Hopefully they have at least contacted Mr Pratt for a word. On the plastic consumer unit I'd say it was definetly a problem as it could cause the occupier to become trapped if the stairs were burned away by an electrical fire. Oh and where can I buy this new telepathy installation tester that Mr Pratt seems to have? lol
Not in defence of this bloke,,But how many other houses etc have plastic C.U.'s? They are not all about to burst into flames are they,,,New builds etc after Amndt 3 Yes,,,But you cant fail older Installations just because they have plastic C.U.'s you just make a note that its safe but the C.U. Is pre Amndt 3,,,or do we all jump on the profiteering Bus??

Reply to Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock