Discuss Napit or NIC what do they prefer!? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Harry Sparks

Hello I am currnetly under Napit Full scope but have been told that Letting agencies and other property management organisations do prefer NIC companies!? is there any truth in this? has anybody had any expeirence in this field? thanks for your help :)

Yep, plenty of truth in mate, been like it since day dot.

To gain NICEIC Approved Contractor Status (red certificates) you have to know your stuff and meet a stricter criteria than the requirements of napit.

Its not just letting agencies and property management organizatiosn you mention, its retail chains, hotel chains, local Councils, the list is endless and people know I'm on the ball with this one, they just don't care to admit it lol

Thanks for your reply mate, I thought as much! Only reason why i joined Napit was because NIC has been branded a rip off in comparison to other governing boddies but if thats the only body other people recognise then so be it.

Unfortunately many organisations insist on NICEIC status.

Just had a look on NIC website and have seen that they do a DPIR course as an edittion to the domestic installer this seems ideal but f*** me the total comes to almost £800!!! just proves even more so that they are a charity! not that their helping me... I would do the approved contractor but I cannot show them 5 Commercial jobs.

Hi Harry Sparks :D

There's a bit of history too.

NICEIC were the first and only and were for decades and decades... and have by far and away the largest registered number, so there is 60 (or so ?) years of it just being the NICEIC to contend with for NAPIT, ELECSA, and .... the others :eek:

thanks tony,

im still finding it hard to justify the outlay for the nic dpir and domestic installer im looking around at other options and all the others seem to be around the same 400-500 mark im really unhappy that napit elecsa and others charge a similar amount but because nic are more recognised they have a 50% mark up.

ELECSA Owned by the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) through its wholly owned subsidiary, ECA Certification Ltd. The ECA is the premier trade association that has represented the electrical industry for over 100 years. ELECSA has grown to be the 2nd largest Part P scheme operating in the marketplace with over 6,000 approved contractors

NICEIC offering 20% discount when we renew our Approved Contractor membership this year. I think its something like £375.00 + Vat, the part p is still thrown in.

Must be feeling the pinch ?

they are possably reading things like forums ,having members go under and having members complaining about the price as with more overheads they feel squeezed even firther hence discount

Ill be complaining to them about the length of time they choose not to answer an e-mail question I sent Technical on the 23rd February 2011.

Somehow I think they are going to ignore me completely because maybe just maybe they don't want to put their answer to my question in writing ?

Reply to Napit or NIC what do they prefer!? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net