Discuss Napit Qualification requirements in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C&G change the bloody numbers every day, sigh, too many fat cats dipping in the working man's pocket
the reason that `the national association of professional inspectors & testers` are making it a requirement to hold this ticket....is that they themselves offer their own crappy version..

just another racket to con money out of the unsuspecting.

you need to be COMPETENT...to carry out installation...and then to both inspect & test that installation...thats it

the C&G 2391...or whatever it is now was a way of DEMONSTRATING COMPETENCY.....

but napit are wrong to suggest its a requirement...it flies in the face of BS7671...and last time i looked i thought thats what we were working to...

breathtaking....:nonod:

They've thought this one through haven't they the robbing swines.
if you must..

then elecsa will let you notify the works you carry out for your assessment AFTER its been assessed...

so what this means effectively is you carry out the work...have it assessed...then once your accepted you can then notify that work..

saves you on LABC costs...

Three years minimum at college defo. Make that five years if the tutors or student is crap! On my 2330 there were 3 lads from ADT, they barely ever listened to a word that was taught...I would have made them do the full three years again. Thank duck they are only fitting alarms...and hopefully nowt else..

It looks to me as though with all of them they will take you onboard with the promise you will do your course within 12 months, laughable some will accept just 17th edition

Its damn right criminal that you only need to sit 1 online multi choice exam to be "competent" to work in peoples houses, and then have the nerve to charge for it.

To be honest Im totally confused by the system as a whole, Im simply going to slap in a consumer unit to the 17th commandment, sit there armed with all my paperwork and my giant chad valley tester, and get assessed, I need to feed my kids.

What paperwork have you got to show them? (particularly what qualifications?). I found the guidance NAPIT send you about what they expect to see to be pretty clear, stuff like evidence of calibration, evidence of Public Liability Insurance and if doing EICRs Professional Indemnity, complaints procedure and records, waste disposal policy - although I believe some of that may no longer required, just read what they've sent you. Best of luck.

What paperwork have you got to show them? (particularly what qualifications?). I found the guidance NAPIT send you about what they expect to see to be pretty clear, stuff like evidence of calibration, evidence of Public Liability Insurance and if doing EICRs Professional Indemnity, complaints procedure and records, waste disposal policy - although I believe some of that may no longer required, just read what they've sent you. Best of luck.
you what?

whats this got to do with Napit Nick?

or any other scam for that matter....

But that states, only if you wish to do EICRs through them, of which there is absolutely no need to be a member of a scam for this.

But that states, only if you wish to do EICRs through them, of which there is absolutely no need to be a member of a scam for this.

I don't believe it adds any cost to the membership and you need the Professional Indemnity for EICRs anyway so I can't be bothered to get my torch and pitchfork and head up to Mansfield about it. I can understand people finding it irritating that they should be creeping their tentacles into this.

If you want to do eicrs under their banner they want you to have PI. Simple. No extra cost.

to be honest I can't see why anyone wouldn't have it. Although using it may be a different thing.

And since when have the other scams required you to have a inspect and test course? As this certainly was not always the case.

Reply to Napit Qualification requirements in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock