Discuss Napit **** in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

NAPIT have today informed me that my Dad is not acceptable for full scope due to not having an NVQ Level 3. He has been industry assessed and has a Gold JIB Card, and the 17th Ed, and the 2391, but apparently this is not enough.

Has anyone else had this problem before, and is there a way round it that doesn't involve a ridiculous and pointless NVQ course?

Cheers

That's rich coming from them when it was not so long ago one of their assessors could not even get a JIB card as an Electrician he only qualified for a white labourer's card.

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it, no-one really knows who they are anyway and fulls cope as in what ?

You don't need it to them trade, BS7671 is your guide not them.

That's rich coming from them when it was not so long ago one of their assessors could not even get a JIB card as an Electrician he only qualified for a white labourer's card.

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it, no-one really knows who they are anyway and fulls cope as in what ?

You don't need it to them trade, BS7671 is your guide not them.

Full scope as in proper sparks, not NAPIT's version of the 'Domestic Installer' rubbish. I know they're all a scam, but a lot of potential customers require you to be registered with one.

A = 2360 part 1 = Trainee
B = 2360 part 2 = Electrician
C = 2360 part 3 = Technician

Proper sparks as in needing the above

The requirements of joining a Part P competent persons' scheme have now changed, with Qualifying Supervisors (QS) now required to have gained one of two new NVQ Level 3 qualifications.

As before, all new QS must have a relevant 17th edition wiring regulations qualification, alongside one of the new NVQs. Existing QS' do not need to re-qualify as long as they remain within this role; if they leave their current position, providing they are re-employed as a QS within two years, completing the new NVQs won't be necessary.

Mature Candidate Assessment | Joint Industry Board (JIB)

bollox really as your old man has been in the game for years.

cant you just be the QS?

Clearly states on their entry requirements for old qualifications:

A+B

They cover all qualifications from the the old ones to the new ones, its been the same since they set up for full scope.

Your find all the schemes work on the same Qualification set up for full scope.

Last edited:
Hi All,

NAPIT have today informed me that my Dad is not acceptable for full scope due to not having an NVQ Level 3. He has been industry assessed and has a Gold JIB Card, and the 17th Ed, and the 2391, but apparently this is not enough.

Has anyone else had this problem before, and is there a way round it that doesn't involve a ridiculous and pointless NVQ course?

Cheers
I expect the assessor is a runny nosed 21 year old who will be telling your dad what is wrong with his work if he does get in lol, appalling really.

Reply to Napit **** in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock