Discuss Nasty Fault in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mayfair

Hi Guy's
Here's a gud n for you.......Got a call this morning RCD triping, thought nice easy one bound to be about half an hour. Its a big bar/Cafe 3 phase one 40A RCD triping but only about every 7 to 10 Mins....First thought fridge or freezer so start the usual unpluging one thing at a time on the circuit ......no chance still tripping so after an age of waiting between 10 min trips I decide to unplug everything (I think) TRIP by this time 3 hours Im puddled start taking sockets off IR testing all ok, now getting on 4.5 hours cant find nothing tried everything LOL............Then Bloody big bang from behind the 8 sat receivers anyway getting long winded this so here is the answer some pratt had put a can of lighter fuel on the top of the receivers and it had fallen down the back as the can gets hot the safety valve on the top releases some of the fuel which drips into a rouge socket which as a dist amp plugged into it and trips the RCD but by the time you go to reset it the fuel has evaporated so it goes on NP then 7-10 mins later the same thing happens, anyway after the big bang and moving the can no tripping but 4 out of 8sat receivers plus the sound amp all got totally foofed power supply's , can only think it must have started to spray ................what a bloody nightmare.:confused:

Reply to Nasty Fault in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, After some options/opinions on fault finding N/E fault on ring final as fairly newish to being out alone. Customer wants to upgrade from...
Replies
Views
Hi All Let me start by saying I have my 2365 level 3 but never worked in the industry so my knowledge is limited. My partner and I recently...
Replies
Views
Hello, Firstly, I'm aware other people have posted similar topics on this forum, I'm not trying to create a duplicate, but more looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some advice, as I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to these things. I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock