Discuss NCS Electricians Course, Advice needed. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Fire13

Hello,

Im looking at becoming a qualified electrician and have spent lots of time surfing the internet for ways to achieve this. I spoke to my local college who where more than happy to take me on, but would mean dropping two days a week from work to accomplish this, 1 day for college and 1 day spent with a qualified electrician. This not really being the best option for me as i cant afford to drop 2 days work, I then thought about learning from home in my spare time.

After searching loads of companies local to me, (Dorset) NCS looked the best as they state you can become a fully qualified 17th century electrician within 1.5 years whilst studying at home with 4 weeks classroom assessments on top of that. Is this possible???

Ive just had one of there salesman come round and give it all the pros of why i should go with NCS, but thats what any good salesman will tell you. I was hoping for some advice on whether there as good as they say they are or whether its not possible to learn such a complex skill from reading books.

A friend of mine became a fully qualified electrician within 3 years. That involved going to college and working as an apprentice which is why i find it hard to believe what NCS are telling me.

If anyone can offer me advice on NCS and other possible options for me I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Fire13.

they state you can become a fully qualified 17th century electrician

Why would you want to be like me
:wheelchair:

It seems to be the case that many people have paid out good money to attain paper qualifications,but then find it nigh on impossible to get employed, because of the lack of practical experience,the proverbial catch 22

Remeber,even when you attain the qualifications,in this depressed economy,you will be competing against sparks with qualaifications and experience,some much better qualified and JIB members to boot

Its a difficult decision,but should be researched thoroughly before committing your pound notes
There are members on here who have experience of these courses who I am sure will be along to advize

Only one way in my eyes to become a 'qualified electrician'

C & G 2330 Levels 2 & 3
C & G 2382
C & G 2356 NVQ Level 3

Would take approx four years to achieve this along with the four years on site practical experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Only one way in my eyes to become a 'qualified electrician'

C & G 2330 Levels 2 & 3
C & G 2382
C & G 2356 NVQ Level 3

Would take approx four years to achieve this along with the four years on site practical experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently not so

I trained on this course through NCS and whilst the Tutors were absolutely brilliant in my opinion the company is only interested in one thing... MONEY!

If I was able to do so then I would have taken an alternative route.

One thing I will say though before signing up to do the course is... Get in writing EXACTLY what modules your money has paid for because due to the salesman telling me one thing and admin at NCS telling me another I didn't walk away with module 5 in my pocket. Oh no, apparently this is an add on that you must pay for so be very careful.

Since becoming a Domestic Installer I have had conversations with other departments of NCS and I can see why there are some very bad comments being spread around the internet about them.

Ive just signed up to a NCS course. just wanted to know if it was as good as the man said when he came round my home, and does anyone know what the employment chances are like after leaving the course as unsure of the employment market as i have never done anything like this before.

John

no to tell the truth for employment side,,, it more for you starting up our own bussiness really,

you will not get site work or industrial or coms work, because they would want to see your j,i,b/ecs card

been at it a long time still learning and always will be

start at the bottom and walk before you run
if the course suits you then ok but the old adage is facy
no substitute for experience
good luck

Reply to NCS Electricians Course, Advice needed. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net