Discuss Need a device for following in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I do the electrical repairs for a local care home, have fitted 2 fans in the kitchen store room. they have had a fire safety assessment by capita (one of the off shoots it seems) they have told them they should have a device that cuts the fans in the event of fire or the fire system sounding as they would push air in to the store room if the fire was in there.
The fans are 2 x Manrose WF150 so nothing too heavy.
I have seen and come across such devices but not sure what the name, manufacturer or model number etc is..
It would work similar to the automatic door releases which when they'hear' the fire alarm sound release. This would instead cut supply to the fans. (coincidentally, i have learned that these door releases activate at the sound of a drill!)
Anybody got suggestions or know of a suitable device?
I shall give Channel a call monday but would be good to get an idea first.

What is actually kept in there.
A couple of freezers and loads of dry goods and in far corner fresh fruit and veg. its the main food store for the care home.
It has a fire door which closes automatically in event of fire. but they keep being pulled up on fire safety audits. They have 2 fans now 1 blows air in and other extracts at other end. not sure how effective this is to be honest as I fitted the 1 new fan at the chefs request.

Well they are having the fire alarm panel upgraded before christmas to add some new zones. so will speak to them about incorporating something into the plans.
They have a national contractor who services and works on the fire alarm systems at all there properties so wont be me doing that bit.

Reply to Need a device for following in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net