Discuss Need Advice on Fuseboard Upgrade! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dale.h

Main incomming supply is protected by a 60 amp main fuse
6mm Main/earth Bonding

6-way cartridge Fuse DB protected by 60amps main switch

Circuit 1- 5amp - Upstairs Lighting
Circuit 2- 5amp - Downstairs Lighting
circuit 3- 15amp- Immersion Heater
Circuit 4- 30amp - Ring main Wired in 2.5mm , Cooker/hob protected by 2 seperate unswitched fused spurs which are protect by a switched fused spur. (someone has obviously added to the ring main and place appreiate protection.)
Circuit 5-30amp - Ring Main in 2.5mm , Boiler
Circuit 6-30amp - Electric Shower protected by Rcd trip switch located in the loft , 6mm t+e

i should be able to seperate the cooker/hob supply from the ring main and place on its own breaker
main earth and bonding needs to be upgraded

the only problem im having is il have to install a 12 way board , but will the electricity board come and upgrade the supply to 100amps and the main tails and how much do they tend to charge??

apparently they installed a digital metre a few years ago but never upgraded the supply.

just need some advice really , maybe some more experianced members out there could shed some light.

a 10 way board should be adequate. looking at your loads, i don't think there's much chance of having sufficient load on at any one time to blow a 60A suppliers fuse.

a 10 way board should be adequate. looking at your loads, i don't think there's much chance of having sufficient load on at any one time to blow a 60A suppliers fuse.

Are you sure a 60amp is adequate , because i dont want to install the fuseboard and make the changes for it to blow the main fuse a week down the line..

If all the circuits are existing and you are not adding anything, there shouldn't be a problem seeing as it has survived before the new DB install

Are you sure a 60amp is adequate , because i dont want to install the fuseboard and make the changes for it to blow the main fuse a week down the line..

Given that your maximum load will possibly be when dinners on,the shower is in use, and the kids are watching the telly whilst the immersion is busy topping up the water temperature,if these were on for that "week down the line",there could be a possibility of --- no I changed my mind There should be an intact 60 amp fuse on the 8th day
icon7.png

if you check in bs7671. time /current graphs, you will see that a BS1361, 60A will stand 100A for quite some time without blowing.

and make sure you've got an adequate supply of smokes. best fault finding aid i've ever had.

Reply to Need Advice on Fuseboard Upgrade! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net