Discuss Need advise on controlling the speed of a motor. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ash77ah

Hello there I need to control the speed of a drill for a project. Instead of using the trigger I need to use a dial (like a dimmer switch) to control the speed the motor turns at.

I will be using this drill - Powerbase 550W Hammer Drill from Homebase.co.uk

Will this control unit work?

Dimmer 2500W Kit 220-240VAC Lamp Oven Voltage,Speed, Temperature Regulator | eBay

I plan on replacing the trigger of the drill with this. (I will also be adding an on off switch too) ((If anyone wanted to do me a wiring diagram that would be even better))

Any advise on this will be gretly recived!

Thanks, Ash.

Reply to Need advise on controlling the speed of a motor. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm a DIY'er. Setting up a dual purpose shop-cooling and overspray fan. Bought this motor which reads "1.5 hp" but, looking at the amps, shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hello. The variable speed switch on our old jacuzzi recently broke. The 120V 11.5amp 50/60hz motor is still functional but parts are no longer...
Replies
Views
I have a ceiling fan which currently has a remote control for fan speed and dimming the attached lights. We're currently doing some works in the...
Replies
Views
HI Guys, I bought this motor and speed controller used and tried wiring as per the diagram on the side of the speed control unit but the motor...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm trying to have a clear view of is ok to connect a 1000W industrial fan to a 400W Tuya smart fan controller. I have some...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock