Discuss NEED CAREER ADVICE! Can't afford level 3 . PLEASE HELP in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

babySparkie

Hi. I wanted to do level 3 but can't afford the £5000 the government are asking me to pay cause i am 29. I was sick, just got better so haven't had time to find a job since i completed my level 2. Now just feeling better but having trouble finding work as a full time electricians mate and doubt i will find work within the enrollment time.

My question is are there any other course I can get on too that can help me if i have to wait a year before I get a proper job and money saved for level 3 that doesn't cost an arm and leg? Plus if possible, any career option for me to look into? I really want to study and not waste the up coming year.

All advice welcome

Thanks

mate it shouldnt cost you anywhere near £5k for lv3 mate look at other colleges
or speak to jobcetre as i heard they give funding if meen unemployed 6 month but not deffo on this could just be hear say

My college is doing the 2357 and it does cost that much sadly, I do work part time but not into the electrical field, and you need a job in the electrical field to do level 3, so that is why I am asking for advice on what options I have if any

sorry mate thought you was referring to 2330 lv3

yes i heard the 2357 would be a lot dearer thaks to tory cuts

this includes all what would have been covered in 2330 and NVQ lv3 2356 as well as a extra unit i think for renewables

I heard they can cross match what yo have already done eg 2330 lv1 and 2 and transfer over to the new 2357 then you oly have to doi the uits your missing

mate i spent a large amount on a private course £4020 which was a rip off then 2391 at college £540 part funded which was a bargain as i had to pay £140
and now i have enrolled for the lv3 2330 £120 for exam fees and course free under old system which end date is now 31/07/12 same as lv3 2356 NVQ should have been 31/3/11 by the time i have done all this and registered with elecsa and everything else i will be gettig towards £7k which if i had known at the start wouldnt have bothered

the government are in another world from you or I

good luck mate

how much would it cost to do lv3 2330 at a private provider like able skills dartford kent

Well £2500, they says 2330 can be done in 5 weeks full time???? Sounds like seriously a lot of work and considering it is much harder than level 3 cause the exams involve write ups.... are ableskill trustworthy?

mate what quals do you have already
able skills were one of the first to provide private training and the oly one i seen that provides all courses needed
but as for trustworthy wouldnt know mate as i didt use them as i live up north and way to far to travel down there so i had to settle for one closer with lesser quals
this is the reason i am now doing lv3 2330 at college

mate then as you have lv2 you dont hae to do the complete 2357 they will cross match over your quals

is there no where lese running the 2330 lv3 near you mate
as you only need to do that

but the advantage to doing the 2357 is that it includes the NVQ and this is what is needed to get jib gold card electrician status

Where abouts in london are you? Depending on where you live can you travel to a different college because a lot of colleges in london are still doing the level 3 until 2012

Well saw my tutor from last year, he said this year 2330 will cost around £2500....hmmm I asked him about ableskills and him and another turos warned
me it's a scam, so keeping away from them.

Reply to NEED CAREER ADVICE! Can't afford level 3 . PLEASE HELP in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net