• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Need electrical advice failed part and need replacement but unsure of part name pic included in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Needadvice123

EF Member
Alternative choc block failure cannot seem to find the one in the photo attached in common b and q Screwfix shops, can anyone give me the correct name of part? as it is not a normal choc block, or can anyone link me to the part for ease of purchase .
Thank you

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Need piccy please.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hello

Is it me your looking for
No it is a poor attempt at humour, looking for the picture the OP said he provided or am I reading his post wrong

pirate

Regular EF Member
Is there a fixed 3 prong plug thingy that fits into that block?
You might be able to slot an ordinary, maybe slightly larger-sized chocblock onto it, if the orientation isn't critical. Or maybe adapt something like this:
https://cpc.farnell.com/camdenboss/ctsn433-12mf/10a-terminal-strip/dp/CN00144?mckv=sgdXBYUS3_dc|pcrid|224645161149|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CN00144|pgrid|45968746254|ptaid|pla-562716049596|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6rzm6uLP4QIVCIXVCh1OIwd2EAQYAiABEgKyCPD_BwE

Need a pic of the other part that fits into the block!

ipf

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
What are you changing.....and why?
If it's a new fitting, as seems by the base, let's have a look at the guts......where the connection is made.
If in doubt, contact someone qualified.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.