Discuss NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP!!!! Willing to work un-paid to gain some experience!!!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

leeroy100

Hi there, I am looking to gain some experience in this field as I am new to the industry. I have recently completed the EAL Level 2 Domestic Electrical Installers course and Part P - all at my own expense, including PAT Testing and the MCS Solar PV Course. I am also an ECS Card Holder. I am now in a position where I am ready to gain some hands-on experience as an Electrician's Mate in the West Midlands area. I already have some interest from people I know and contacts that I have made, who want me to do for them, but I need to complete two major installation before I can complete my membership conditions with the NICEIC - this is where working with someone will benefit me. I'm happy to work un-paid around my current employment to gain some experience. I am hardworking, reliable and very keen to get some real experience!! So, if anyone can help me in getting my new career off to a start it would be very much appreciated. I am a coach driver at the moment, but I am looking to leave this job when work starts coming in from being an electrician. I will be taking a cut in salary, but I am keen to get experience, so this does not matter too much. As I say, I have a couple of jobs lined up already, I just need someone who I can work with to get these done. I will very much appreciate any help or info. Please reply. Thanks for reading.​

Re: NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP!!!! Willing to work un-paid to gain some experience!!

leeroy, brace yourself for comments inevitably flying your way.

I do admire your desire to get hands on experience as a mate, do not at any cost think this will last a few months then you'll be able to sale around on your own - to get the required competence to become a professional electrician takes years and years, every days a school day in this game.

All i can say is i wish you luck in your future.

Re: NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP!!!! Willing to work un-paid to gain some experience!!

I will be taking a cut in salary,​

NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP!!!! Willing to work un-paid to gain some experience!!!!! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hi there, I am looking to gain some experience in this field as I am new to the industry. I have recently completed the EAL Level 2 Domestic Electrical Installers course and Part P - all at my own expense, including PAT Testing and the MCS Solar PV Course. I am also an ECS Card Holder. I am now in a position where I am ready to gain some hands-on experience as an Electrician's Mate in the West Midlands area. I already have some interest from people I know and contacts that I have made, who want me to do for them, but I need to complete two major installation before I can complete my membership conditions with the NICEIC - this is where working with someone will benefit me. I'm happy to work un-paid around my current employment to gain some experience. I am hardworking, reliable and very keen to get some real experience!! So, if anyone can help me in getting my new career off to a start it would be very much appreciated. I am a coach driver at the moment, but I am looking to leave this job when work starts coming in from being an electrician. I will be taking a cut in salary, but I am keen to get experience, so this does not matter too much. As I say, I have a couple of jobs lined up already, I just need someone who I can work with to get these done. I will very much appreciate any help or info. Please reply. Thanks for reading.​

If i were you id try get with a electrical company that mainly does commercial work as i personally think alot of knowledge and experience is gained . Work overtime make it your priority to learn and also i would try go down college route also. Best of luck

If i were you id try get with a electrical company that mainly does commercial work as i personally think alot of knowledge and experience is gained . Work overtime make it your priority to learn and also i would try go down college route also. Best of luck

With the above qualifications, I doubt any firms that carry out commercial work would even look at him. There's plenty of electricians with vast amounts of experience/JIB qualified, looking for work.

Re: NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE

Not a dig but I don't think your going to get many offers! I don't think anyone would want to help so you can get your NICEIC badge to then undercut them and charge yourself out at £8 quid an hour!

With the above qualifications, I doubt any firms that carry out commercial work would even look at him. There's plenty of electricians with vast amounts of experience/JIB qualified, looking for work.

I got taken on as an apprentice with a commercial company and do you know how many sparks there is in ireland alot...

riley that's as an apprentice, leeroy has done the Electrical Trainee course.

I got taken on as an apprentice with a commercial company and do you know how many sparks there is in ireland alot...

Really? Seems to me most of them are over here.....

Thanks for all the replies and advice :)

If anyone is in a position to help me kick start my career, please get in touch!

Kind Regards

Jesus Christ man!!! You are ruining the industry before you're even in it, I'm trying to keep faith being a spark, but comments like that are just killing it for me.

With respect I am just trying to start out in the industry and only came on here for some help and advice, not to be criticised.

With respect, you're wasting your money on courses that aren't highly thought of. You are wanting to do it as quick as possible, and like the rest are brainwashed to think you can earn £££'s in weeks. I admit there is the very few that suceed with the system you are going through, but it is a very small minority.

Go to college and do a proper course, not a micky-mouse one.

Hello mate I would join an electrical agency as an electricians mate, someone here will soon take you under their wing and help you get the experience etc you need, they are not wrong above it does take years to learn, just tell the truth as sparkys can smell newbies out and good luck.

I have a full UK driving licence, I am looking at doing a 1 hour intense course to get my coach driver's licence, could I possibly have the job that your leaving as sparking is on its arse. Can you please help me kick start my career in coach driving?? Any help is gratefully recieved!!

You lot form into a bloody lynch mob the second a DI course gets mentioned. Leave the poor bloke alone, hes offering to work for free and all he gets is abuse

You lot form into a bloody lynch mob the second a DI course gets mentioned. Leave the poor bloke alone, hes offering to work for free and all he gets is abuse

So what if he's offering to work for free?

We gob because the DI schemes a disgrace to the trade. Never questioned the OP as a man, im sure he's a decent bloke. He just needs to go about his qualifications the correct way - infact, we're doing him a favour...not many employ DI's so 95%chance he's going to be wasting 5k...

If he is going to be a DI he needs to be on a house bashing firm to get experience.

But this is a forum for professional sparks not to encourage people to spend fortunes on short courses and then go and work for free.That is in no way the same as learning to be a spark by going to college and working on site

Reply to NEED EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP!!!! Willing to work un-paid to gain some experience!!!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock