Discuss Need for Fibreglass-legged step ladders in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kenarf

-
Reaction score
I'm an access control systems installer so the closest I come to mains is connecting my control box to a fused unswitched spur (by others) switched off at the DB.

Some sites, once they have done the obligatory induction involving watching a video for an hour, then tell me I cannot use my very sturdy metal step ladder 'in case a live cable drops out of the ceiling and makes contact with your steps'.

I cannot find anything on HSE's site to warrant this and note that I'm not wearing an insulated jumpsuit and the approved fibreglass steps have metal treads.

Also the AFSs wobble like a drunk with vertigo.

I'd appreciate some guidance here.

Oh, and don't get me started on the idiots whop want me to wear gloves whilst using a terminal screwdriver and twisting stranded alarm cable conductors.

yet another case of H&S getting in the way of common sense.

only thing you can do is your own risk assessment and submit this before you start work for them to allo it.

it may be frustrating and devoid of all common sense but H&S is like that.

Reply to Need for Fibreglass-legged step ladders in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock