CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss need help finding a certain tool in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

was looking for a pair of rubber stretchers for work

i cant find them online at all.

when you terminate belden 3c cable e.g. 8770

you put a binding sleeve over the metal shielding of the cable before you crimp ferrule's on the end

managed to find the ferrule crimpers and the binding sleeves but no look finding the tool to put the binding sleeve's on

Last edited:

kingeri

-
Arms
[h=2]"need help finding a certain tool"[/h]
Reminds me of the title on my wife's dating site profile. Aaah, the good old days.
Sorry, can't actually help with the question though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
found what i was looking for

im going to keep looking around though as the site i found is selling them for £35-40

not paying that for something ill rarely use, ill keep borrowing someone elses

During my apprenticeship they were known as "F***y stretchers". Don't think the right thing would appear in a google search though....

i hold them up to my mouth and give it a wet blow on the inside. This goves them enough moisture to slide off, but enough to keep them in place

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
I'm not one for "double entendres" but I do like to slip one in every now and then....and I may have a spare helluva tool, I mean Hellerman tool, kicking around. How quickly do you need it?

I'm not one for "double entendres" but I do like to slip one in every now and then....and I may have a spare helluva tool, I mean Hellerman tool, kicking around. How quickly do you need it?
not for a little while, it was more the fact it was bugging me that i couldn't find it online

after reciving them i got straight on the phone

they sent a bigger size metal version that are crap

its tight fitting a sleeve on 1 of the 3 prongs and the prongs are too short for bungees

and there casual email reply about return is

we will credit you the cost of the item or send you when we get them in

(they admited on phone they havent had the ky2 version in for months)

A

alarm man

rs are expensive for it

£50 for it. from that other place £35

i think ill give cef a call see if they got one
youve spent 35 on something that doesnt work,id rather spend 50 on something that does,you cant beat rs for service,you pay more,but you get what you pay for as they say

youve spent 35 on something that doesnt work,id rather spend 50 on something that does,you cant beat rs for service,you pay more,but you get what you pay for as they say
actually i looked on site and it said they had hellerman ses ky2 in stock so orderd one

they didnt have any so they sent a different item. would rather they canceld order and im avoiding them in future

edit

got full money back and an apology.

they decided the cost to collect the item was too great so said keep it if you like

Last edited:

Reply to need help finding a certain tool in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom