Discuss Need help finding a specific meter box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

bamakojon

DIY
Reaction score
New to the forum. Hopefully somebody can give me some advice on finding a very specific meter box for my house. A few weeks ago our house was vandalized and the vandals ripped our power meter out of the socket, breaking the meter box door in the process. The house was built in the 70s and as far as I know it's the original box. We bent the box back into shape as best as we could and covered the gaps so no one can get electrocuted, but it needs to be properly fixed. We've gotten a couple of quotes to fix it in the $5,000 - $7,000 range, but have been told that if we can find a direct replacement for the meter box door, then the whole thing doesn't need to be replaced, saving thousands. The meter box has "KEARNEY Outdoor Type Meter Socket" on the cover, but that's it. It measures 11.5" x 11.5" Thanks in advance.

New to the forum. Hopefully somebody can give me some advice on finding a very specific meter box for my house. A few weeks ago our house was vandalized and the vandals ripped our power meter out of the socket, breaking the meter box door in the process. The house was built in the 70s and as far as I know it's the original box. We bent the box back into shape as best as we could and covered the gaps so no one can get electrocuted, but it needs to be properly fixed. We've gotten a couple of quotes to fix it in the $5,000 - $7,000 range, but have been told that if we can find a direct replacement for the meter box door, then the whole thing doesn't need to be replaced, saving thousands. The meter box has "KEARNEY Outdoor Type Meter Socket" on the cover, but that's it. It measures 11.5" x 11.5" Thanks in advance.
Who in the h—- wants that kind of money with $ 5000.00-7000.00 is out rages. The 200 amp meter base is available at Lowe’s or home depot for about $ 60.00. Do not let these people rip you off. The are honest electricians out there and if I done the work I would charge you no more than 2000.00 max plus that would include permitting and starting a work order for your project with the power company. Good luck with your project

Reply to Need help finding a specific meter box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock